SE Freeway bikeway - Stones Corner onwards

DionM

SE Freeway bikeway - Stones Corner onwards

Postby DionM » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:39 pm

Can someone confirm for me how the bikeway goes from Greenslopes into the city?

It seems that you cross Junction St at Stones Corner (after going via the big Greenslopes parks) and get onto the bikeway near the busway. Then it spits you out onto O'Keefe St with the busway - do you cross at the lights (walking, of course) near the busway, then head up O'Keefe st and get onto the bikeway on the Ipswich Rd side of the Freeway (after underpassing the Freeway). Does the bikeway then go all the way to Southbank (popping out next to the apartments near the Riverside expressway), or is it still interrupted by roadworks?

I've had a look in Google Earth but it's quite out of date - still showing roadworks destroying most of it?

I'm planning on taking my son (in a trailer) on it, and I really do not want to be spat out onto any busy roads. I plan on parking my car in Greenslopes / Tarragindi and riding into South Bank and back with him in the trailer.

winona_rider

Postby winona_rider » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:49 pm

i don't know much about the southside - but i think you can connect with the bikeway on o'keefe street - between ipswich road and the pacific hwy overpass. i drove past it today and it looks very new.

but if that doesn't work you need to hook up with this bridge near bank lane - then you ride right into southbank. I rode that route about 4 months ago and there were some detours on back streets - but well sign-posted.

tomns

Postby tomns » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:46 pm

Yep just as you say you go up okeefe st and you will see they have put in lights for the cyclists to cross at, from there you get onto the bikeway beside the freeway (on the ipswich rd side) and follow that all the way to southbank and then into the city via goodwill bridge etc

It is all finished now, no roads from tarraginidi rec reserve or escher st (my spelling is wrong there sorry)

Tom
Peugeot Iseran - Geared Bike
Peugeot Versailles - Fixie
Peugeot U08 - Poser
Repco Nishiki - Single Speed
http://www.yehudamoon.com/images/strips/2008-03-29.gif

ClownBoy

Postby ClownBoy » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:31 am

I ride from Kingston road to Hendra (through the city) a few times per week.

That incldes going throgh greenslopes.Personally, I just go down logan road to main, main to story bridge, into town.

DionM

Postby DionM » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:34 am

Thanks Tomms - I plan on parking at the Tarragindi Rec Reserve and riding from there.

ClownBoy - yep direct is best, but with a trailer I really don't want to play in traffic.

Crawf

Postby Crawf » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:18 pm

Hi Dion, this map may help you out.
The google images are old, but the paths are now there.

DionM

Postby DionM » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:04 pm

Finally rode it today - no problems at all. Quite a good run really. Shall make it a regular loop I think.

Only downside was someone deciding to abuse me as they rode past :? Yes my MTB + kid trailer is a little slow and was in granny gear ... but it was a steep climb ...

beauyboy

Postby beauyboy » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:36 pm

All i can say is some people are just rude :? Lets just hope said individual never has a motor vehical licence.

Donald
BCC give us some more bikeways fore safe travel!!!!
Upgrade the NCL now QR!!!!!!
http://nakedcyclistbrissy.blogspot.com/
My views do not represent any organisation I may be apart of unless otherwise stated