Yarramundi 8hr Bright Orange

ozlegacy

Yarramundi 8hr Bright Orange

Postby ozlegacy » Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:08 pm

Anyone else doing it tomorrow?

Other than, don and keith :D

I believe Spiz has wussed out?
Been affected by cancer? Know somebody who has been? Read about what I am doing about it http://www.bicycles.net.au/forums/viewt ... 12&t=37465

leximack

Postby leximack » Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:45 pm

see you there Rainer and Goofy, should be a good day.

Don

Spiza

Postby Spiza » Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:57 pm

Yes it's true... I wussed out. I know it's hard to believe :P Lost my HTFU band :wink:

Good luck tomorrow guys. Full report expected tomorrow night :)

Keith please don't crash or destroy any more wheels. You need to save some money for the new arrival :D

Oh yeah, really bad luck you can't do the double centurion and get one of those awesome jerseys :lol:

Oh and Rainer, watch that creek entry :lol:

leximack

Postby leximack » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:09 pm

Hey Rainer,

Dont forget to tell the girlfriend what channel the race is on, so she can watch it on TV :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ozlegacy

Postby ozlegacy » Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:01 am

Man I love you guys :D
Been affected by cancer? Know somebody who has been? Read about what I am doing about it http://www.bicycles.net.au/forums/viewt ... 12&t=37465

Spiza

Postby Spiza » Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:50 am

leximack wrote:Hey Rainer,

Dont forget to tell the girlfriend what channel the race is on, so she can watch it on TV :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

ozlegacy

Postby ozlegacy » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:38 am

Was a great day we finished 15th in the 2 man team category (10 laps) my lack of time on the bike and cramps made it a painful day but well worth it was best results in a 8hr yet (thanks to my team mate)

They changed the first half of the track and it was much harder but allot more rewarding (I think) and Spiz the best part is they took out the creek crossing!!! :D

leximack

Postby leximack » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:22 am

yes, good day yesterday, was good to meet up (if only briefly) with Rainer and Keith.
Was an excellent track, probably my favourite so far at Yarramundi. Was a 10km circuit and i did 5 laps at 36-39mins each. Craig Gordon did a lap of 27mins Say What :shock: so i am tad off his speed, he has been 24hr world champion though. Most fast dudes were doing 31-35mins, normal people like me between 36-45mins.
I was in a team of 3, i got voted to do the fist lap by my team mates (mental note: always be present at voting, or you will always lose :lol: ), was fine anyway, first lap is always slow becuase of all the bottlenecks at single track sections so its a good way to scope the track out. We raced well, slick transitions with each ride waiting and ready to take off. We ended up with 14 laps all up, me 5, Rob, 5 and Michael 4. And finished 8th out of 23 teams. 15 laps woudl of got us in about 4th or 5th, 16 laps would of given us victory, so think we did alright. Perfect weather, good team mates, and good track made for a good day out on the bike.

Me on my first lap

Me waiting at base camp for my team mate to come in so i can do my last lap

Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Boognoss » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:27 am

Do you even wear shy-shorts any more Don? I know you never used to wear knicks and now it looks like you've come full circle ;-).

Good report and action shots.
Salsa Casseroll, Avanti Quantum, Specialized Tricross, Specialized Allez, Cell SS

leximack

Postby leximack » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:32 am

Boognoss wrote:Do you even wear shy-shorts any more Don? I know you never used to wear knicks and now it looks like you've come full circle ;-).

Good report and action shots.
never on the road bike and never in any race.
I use them for commuting still though.
Advantage with knicks is that they dont get caught in the seat with mtbing, you have to get out of the saddle and behind the seat on some techincal downhill sections, baggy shorts can get caught and prevent you getting back in front of the seat, causing a nasty accident.

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:45 pm

Was talking to my mate yesterday...he had just got back from this,made me rather jealous!...they had just won the two man cat and 3rd overall but the guy who came second was solo!...some strong peps out there!.
Reminder to myself..get a new VTT frame!!!.

Deanj

Postby Deanj » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:10 pm

Good ride.

Whats the pouch for on the seat tube?

leximack

Postby leximack » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:32 pm

toolonglegs wrote:Was talking to my mate yesterday...he had just got back from this,made me rather jealous!...they had just won the two man cat and 3rd overall but the guy who came second was solo!...some strong peps out there!.
Reminder to myself..get a new VTT frame!!!.
was probably the best course i have been to at yarramundi, there is traisl everywhere there so they can set many different courses. The first 2.5km was mainly up with lots of technical climbing, but once to the top is was sweet flowing single track with just the odd small pinch here and there. It was lots of fun.

leximack

Postby leximack » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:38 pm

Deanj wrote:Good ride.

Whats the pouch for on the seat tube?
Hi Dean, thankyou, it was good for me, i felt good every lap, no cramps which i tend to get in mtbing, each lap was consistent also which i am hapopy with, and mainly i am now only 5-6mins off the guys that win races, so i am improving, last year i was over 10mins off the lead guys so i am happy with that.

The pouch holds anything you like basically, i use it for my mini toolkit thing and chain breaker. I run a small seat tube bag which hold 1 tube, i have a mini pump in my back jersey pocket and use a water bottle, i dont use a camelbak on these short lap events unless its really hot.I was only drinking about 100-150ml per lap as it was pretty much all fire single track, only a few sctions you could actually get a drink without crashing.

I have the Mont 24hr in a few weeks time, then the BMC 100 then the Dirtworks 100 so my mtb schedule is full now until the middle of May. Its fun though, i enjoy mtbing, just need to get better at the longer endurance stuff.

Don

Deanj

Postby Deanj » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:57 pm

Handy little pouch, not seen one before. When I go to races on my own I end up having to put a saddle bag on juts for a car key. Don't trust it in the back pocket so will have to check one out.

Great improvement for the year. Have really got into the endurance events despite only doing a handfull, by far my favourite types of races.

alchemist

Postby alchemist » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:13 pm

toolonglegs wrote: but the guy who came second was solo!...some strong peps out there!.
He was just popping in to break up the drive home from Narooma to Port Macquarie after winning the Mountains to Beach stage race. Jason is a freak!

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:20 pm

alchemist wrote:
toolonglegs wrote: but the guy who came second was solo!...some strong peps out there!.
He was just popping in to break up the drive home from Narooma to Port Macquarie after winning the Mountains to Beach stage race. Jason is a freak!
Yes I tried to console my mate that he was carry his form on from the Mountains to Beach race (that he won?).

I used to love yarramundi Don,sounds like it is getting back to its old self!.

leximack

Postby leximack » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:21 pm

toolonglegs wrote:
alchemist wrote:
Yes I tried to console my mate that he was carry his form on from the Mountains to Beach race (that he won?).

I used to love yarramundi Don,sounds like it is getting back to its old self!.
Jason did 15 laps Solo, we as a team of 3 did 14 laps, he was not moving slow. He passed me on a fast section of the course, he passed, said hello, asked how i was doing, replied and then he was away again, very nice guy, i followed him for a while, i dont think his bike has brakes, as he dosesnt seem to slow much for each corner, i gave up trying to keep up after a few minutes as my HR was at heights never seen before. Was good watching the Pros though, thats what i love about mtbing, i can be on the same course, at the same time, "attempting" to race them, lots fo fun. 24hr world champion Craig Gordon pasted me at one point as well, equally as polite when passing, but in his case i had no chance of matching his speed even for a few corners.

Don