Calf muscles...

toolonglegs

Calf muscles...

Postby toolonglegs » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:54 pm

Just want to see if anyone experiences this...when I do EXTREMELY hard efforts seated...usually motor pacing (trucks & tractors) or on the track (which is EXTREMELY rare!) I get a very strange sensation in one of my calf muscles...it is a pain in that it usually shows up when on the attack.Not really painful but like the muscle goes totally lactic and stops working.Only seems to happen when seated. Looking at the diagram I dont think it is the Fibularis Longus as it appears to be a bit deeper..very isolated as well..more around the top of the Extensor Digotorum Longus :lol: .Wonder if anyone knows of a good stretch for the outside of the calfs?.I have very big twitchy calves and they get tired way too early...

sogood

Postby sogood » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:19 pm

It would appear that you are out of the calf and into the anterior compartment muscles. Those muscles act across your ankle joint and into your foot. So stretch your toes and feet in any direction you can think of or just plantar flex. :lol: :lol: :lol:

One differential with your symptom for that area is a compartment syndrome. A more detailed review of your history and symptoms along with invasive studies may be required to exclude or prove that diagnosis.
Bianchi, Ridley, Tern, Montague and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:49 pm

Seems to be a lot higher...sorry your explanation goes over my head :roll:...
It comes back to that mid foot cleat post...I medium smashed myself yesterday,but today yet again it is my lower legs that are tired and sore...my thighs and above are ready for another smashing...which I am sure they will get racing tommorow...will have to train with knee length skins on to see if it can cut down the twitching a bit...might look silly but if it works I will give it a go.

sogood

Postby sogood » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:11 pm

Did you move your cleat position? If so, maybe it's a simple case of those muscle being not used to the new position and the demands placed on them. No? :roll:
Bianchi, Ridley, Tern, Montague and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.