BNA Server Downtime - Voting

Have you experienced connection problems to BNA during the last three week?

I have had no connection problems
8%
I have had less than 5 connection problems
12%
I have had between 5 and 20 connection problems
36%
I have had between 20 and 40 connection problems
20%
I have had greater than 40 connection problems
24%

Total votes: 25
AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

BNA Server Downtime - Voting

Postby AUbicycles » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:11 pm

On Saturday February 27th there was a major update to the server and since then I have been getting reports of problems and have had the problems myself - Connection Refused / Connection Interrupted and long load times. These problems are intermittent however annoying, particularly when posting - the entire post content is lost.

I would like to get your feedback - have you had these problems in the last three weeks and if so, how often. Please Vote!

--

NOTE - If you participate - it is only for problems specific to this site / forum - not issues you may have had when you can't connect to any sites on the web.
Cycling is in my BNA

sogood

Postby sogood » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:22 pm

I am concerned about this technical problem for the health of this forum. Have seen too many good forums that died because of similarly annoying server problems. Patronage basically just died and never returned.
Bianchi, Ridley, Tern, Montague and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.

Rockford

Postby Rockford » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:31 pm

Yep getting quite a few timeouts. I can go to other sites no problems. Sometimes I just have to hit Refresh and it's OK, but other times it doesn't come back. Wait a few minutes and then it's ok.

Happy to run IEWatch/Firebug if that's of any help as it happens both on IE and FF. At home and at work (different ISPs)

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:32 pm

Yes - me too. While I have been with this host for the longest period of time since the site started - 3 weeks is too long and I have set a deadline for the problems to be resolved.
Cycling is in my BNA

philip

Postby philip » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:55 pm

Has the host given you detailed information on what they're actually doing? Given the symptoms this sort of problem should be quite easily identified/solved (especially within 3 weeks) on the server side, so unless they've got some good explanations as to what's going on I'd be a bit worried...

ruscook

Postby ruscook » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:06 pm

Unfortunately I've suffered this too, both at home and at work - so again different ISPs. Even on dial up at my part time job on Sunday.

Good luck with the fix.

Russ
GT Avalanche 1.0 | TCR Alliance 0 | Giant Bowery | BMW K1300R
Two wheels good, Four wheels bad

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:30 pm

philip wrote:Has the host given you detailed information on what they're actually doing? Given the symptoms this sort of problem should be quite easily identified/solved (especially within 3 weeks) on the server side, so unless they've got some good explanations as to what's going on I'd be a bit worried...
I have been providing suggestions and have my programmers (at my cost) looking into it however it is not site related - rather server related so we are limited as to what we can do or find out.

Yes - I am a bit worried as I am certain that their big customers would have had such problems solved promptly - Throughout I have tried to remain friendly and polite regardless how frustrated I am - however have now set the deadline and hope that they come around as they are usually quite good.
Cycling is in my BNA

sharktamin

Postby sharktamin » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:23 pm

5x today Christopher - and I haven't been logged in all day!