New rims

Funkymonk

New rims

Postby Funkymonk » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:21 am

I have no got myself some hand built rims on the way , after 2 months of searching reading talking to stealers/dealers I have found the rims for me

TWE rims , Greg at TWE has been more than forthcomming on info and details on his hand built rims .
He has factored in everything before coming back to me with a rim second to none .

http://www.twowheelsenterprises.com.au/

Will post up some pic's when they arrive 8) 8)

Thanx to everyone for their input , I hope Greg can help you all out with your rims .

europa
Location: southern end of Adelaide - home of hills, fixies and drop bears

Postby europa » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:33 am

And the wheels you are getting are?

Richard

Funkymonk

Postby Funkymonk » Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:00 pm

ID 50 on about page 4 i think

Gishalo

Postby Gishalo » Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:52 pm

I need new wheels for my mtb. Am looking very closely at the spinergy ones at torpedo 7. Not cheap , but neither am I. Wheels are everything, they equal speed . The cost of speed is not able to be measured. Its something women do not understand.

Kev365428

Postby Kev365428 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:52 pm

Gishalo wrote:Its something women do not understand.
Just one of many things IMHO. :wink:

Having a wife who does not really understand the cycling bug (oh, she makes all the right noises, but I know she thinks I'm a kangaroo short in the top paddock for riding distances she won't drive) can make life hard when you're trying to explain that a HRM is a MANDATORY piece of equipment for riding. And one set of wheels/tyres is never enough, let alone one bike (let's see, I need a roadie, MTB for fun in the mud, a commuter/trainer so I don't wear the roadie out, at least two sets of tyres for each, and possibly more for the roadie, plus additional wheels).

Gosh, no wonder she thinks I'm nuts.

Kev.

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:58 pm

Chuck Smeaton wrote:The correct number of bikes to own is n+1, where N=the number of bikes you own right now.
Says it all really. :oops:

moosterbounce

Postby moosterbounce » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:18 pm

Kev365428 wrote:
Gishalo wrote:Its something women do not understand.
Just one of many things IMHO. :wink:
Hmmm...I'm a wife...and my husband and I have 3 bikes each...and mine cost more...and I have more gear...and I ride more kms...hmmm...can we all agree that SOME PARTNERS just don't understand :wink: Please no generalising :D

Moo...

Funkymonk

Postby Funkymonk » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:31 pm

yeah i will go with that , my sister has $$$$$$ worth of moto cross gear and her hubby is happy with a new X-BOX ... go figure :shock:

bikes might just be like handbags to Moo :lol: :lol:

europa
Location: southern end of Adelaide - home of hills, fixies and drop bears

Postby europa » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:36 pm

moosterbounce wrote:Hmmm...I'm a wife...and my husband and I have 3 bikes each...and mine cost more...and I have more gear...and I ride more kms...hmmm...can we all agree that SOME PARTNERS just don't understand :wink: Please no generalising :D

Moo...
When he divorces you, don't forget that some of us ancient 'unmarriagables' understand your carbon fetish :shock: :roll:

Richard

senator52

Postby senator52 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:06 pm

Why does he offer prices only on asking? Is this because of the variables associated with custom wheels? Higher pricing on bladed spokes or a different rim etc? It would be nice to know an approximate figure, to gauge what the prices are comparable to across manufacturers like Mavic, Shimano or Fulcrum.

The idea of a custom set of wheels certainly interests me, but for browsing i just wish the info was a bit more accessible.

Without doubt there is a simple and reasonable explanation for this, which is why i query :wink:

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:17 pm

I'm guessing he takes hub "B", lacing it to rim "F" with spokes "A" to suit you. Anybody else gets some other combo and therefore a different price :?

Never thought much about custom wheels before, always bought off the shelf, 'spose it's more a roadie thing...

Shaun