Strange request: old Repco logo artwork

Vintage, yesteryear and retro biking

Strange request: old Repco logo artwork

Postby Seele » Thu May 24, 2007 4:00 am

My Repco Traveller project bike is making good headway (thanks Karen!) . I'll get the frame and fork back from the sandblasting firm and start painting it soon.

A curious thought popped into my head: as I could very well leave it completely anonymous I might want to add the name to the frame, perhaps head tube only. Knowing there is a printing paper which works as a transfer, I am beginning to think that it can be a viable idea. Instead of using the current logo, I think I might want to use an old logo, the older the better, so looking for artwork, scanned from an old Repco service manual perhaps. The oldest form I am aware of is with the words inclined and the "R" in a circle, and a stylised wing about it.

Can anyone help?
Seele

by BNA » Thu May 24, 2007 8:55 am

BNA

Postby LuckyPierre » Thu May 24, 2007 8:55 am

You could try the guys (and girls) at the Canberra Bicycle Museum.
If they had something that needed to be copied / scanned / posted, I can visit them and do it for you.
LuckyPierre

Postby Seele » Fri May 25, 2007 11:52 am

Hi Pierre,

Thanks for the offer, I think I have found what I am after but it seems like a bit of careful Frisket cutting would be necessary instead. Have to think about the viability of this exercise!
Seele

Postby Torana68 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:45 am

I have a 59/60 Repco in the shed, how did you go with the decals?
Roger
Torana68

Postby Seele » Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:29 pm

Hi Roger,

The decal issue is on ice at the moment, as I am still in the process of waiting for suitable replacement parts to turn up. Somehow I am not sure if Repco has the older style ones tucked away somewhere but even if they can let me have some current ones it would still be a fond thought, although there would not be a "period look" anymore. There again I might get it to stay anonymous, we'll have to see about that.
Seele

Return to Retro biking