Coaches

bouncer1979

Coaches

Postby bouncer1979 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:12 pm

Hi,

I have only been cycling for a couple of months but I am aiming to get into some low grade competitive cycling in the next season (Is there a season in cycling? That is how new I am I don't even know that).

I am after a coach who can guide me along a bit with training and everything like that. I don't know of any reputable ones in Perth and I don't really have any cycling buddies to bounce ideas of.

Any info would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Ben

RobRollin

Re: Coaches

Postby RobRollin » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:45 am

I have signed up to RST Cyclist Training Plans : 13-week plans. Alex Simmons should be able to sort you out.
Check out : http://rst-training.blogspot.com/2009/0 ... plans.html

timbo

Postby timbo » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:33 am

If you are planning on some competitive cycling, you will need to join a club.

It may be best to contact the WA dept. of Cycling Australia to get a list of clubs, and from that you can determine which one is not to far away from home, and you should talk to those clubs and find out their racing programs and do they have a cycling coach in the club or they may know a good one that their cyclists use.

RICHARDH

Postby RICHARDH » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:54 pm

I didnt know that Rob now i know why im having trouble keeping up with you in km count :shock: The 13 week trianing programs through Alex seem to be a really good way to start getting some coaching and if you want to go further you can. Have notified family that for my Birthday they can contribute to paying for one of these.
We are stuck with technology when what we really want is just stuff that works (Douglas Adams)

RobRollin

Postby RobRollin » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:59 am

Hey RichardH, it is a really good program, and if you dont have one, invest into a heart rate monitor. Really useful piece of kit to train with, also if your computer has cadence. Between my Avg Speed, HR and Cadence I've been tracking my performance over the past 3 weeks. There's extra room in the program to train extra if you have the legs.