It's here!

europa
Location: southern end of Adelaide - home of hills, fixies and drop bears

Postby europa » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:06 am

bigbuzz73 wrote:
MichaelB wrote:The old adage from my Air Force days

"If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway"
Hi Michael,
You weren't an Airfarame Fitter, by chance? Sounds like something a Framie would say!! :lol:
Wayne
I watched a cadet insert a breech block into a Bren Gun, back to front and upside down, one day. It would not come out, despite the gentle encouragement from the armourer. In fact, when he tried to duplicate the act, it was shown to be physically impossible, yet I watched that lad do it and the rotten thing just slipped in. Just another reason why I enjoyed being a Bren Gunner :D

Richard

bigbuzz73

Postby bigbuzz73 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:03 pm

europa wrote:
bigbuzz73 wrote:
MichaelB wrote:The old adage from my Air Force days

"If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway"
Hi Michael,
You weren't an Airfarame Fitter, by chance? Sounds like something a Framie would say!! :lol:
Wayne
I watched a cadet insert a breech block into a Bren Gun, back to front and upside down, one day. It would not come out, despite the gentle encouragement from the armourer. In fact, when he tried to duplicate the act, it was shown to be physically impossible, yet I watched that lad do it and the rotten thing just slipped in. Just another reason why I enjoyed being a Bren Gunner :D

Richard
I know what you mean Richard. I think most of us ex-servicemen (ooops! That's politically incorrect!.... I mean ex-servicepeople :P ) could write a book on some of the classic stuff-ups we have seen. Like Michael, I'm an ex Framie ( actually made the dizzy heights of Warrant Officer Engineer, proving that you CAN fool ALL the people some of the time! :D ) and I've seen some bloody hilarious screw-ups!
And Michael, of course you are absolutely correct.... Framies are the 100 percenters! And I believe we are also more attractive, better lovers, more intelligent.... you get the picture! Hehehe!
Wayne

europa

Postby europa » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:22 pm

So why don't you ride recumbents? :roll:

Richard

bigbuzz73

Postby bigbuzz73 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:32 pm

europa wrote:So why don't you ride recumbents? :roll:

Richard
Now, now Richard! Settle down :D I was of the impression only old men, hippies, weirdos and homosexuals ride recumbents! (Only kidding guys.... no hate mail please! :lol: )
Wayne

europa

Postby europa » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:22 pm

bigbuzz73 wrote:

Richard
Now, now Richard! Settle down :D I was of the impression only old men, hippies, weirdos and homosexuals ride recumbents! (Only kidding guys.... no hate mail please! :lol: )
Wayne
But that's who we're talking about isn't it :wink:

Richard

bigbuzz73

Postby bigbuzz73 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:22 pm

europa wrote:
bigbuzz73 wrote:

Richard
Wayne
But that's who we're talking about isn't it :wink:

Richard
Ouch!! :D

europa

Postby europa » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:18 pm

And before I give too many false impressions, I'm an Air Force cadets and Army Reserve bod, not a regular. Still, like me old man, I was the Bren Gunner in the cadets - I was the only one big enough to carry the thing and, thanks to the Bren's accuracy and the fact I was a target shooter at the time, I was still able to outshoot the other cadets with their Lee Enfields :D
Interestingly, my Dad was a Bren Gunner too (in the CMF). On one of his first parades, he mentioned to the armourer that the rear sight on his rifle was damaged. The armourer handed him a Bren and said 'use that until we get it fixed'. He was still carrying the Bren three years later :roll:

What has this to do with recumbents? Nothing really, but Hotdog has stopped bragging about his bike. I reckon he's dropped it and is too ashamed to admit it :D

Richard

Hotdog

Postby Hotdog » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:16 pm

europa wrote: What has this to do with recumbents? Nothing really, but Hotdog has stopped bragging about his bike. I reckon he's dropped it and is too ashamed to admit it :D
Nah, just been too busy riding, and getting rained on, and w*rking to post. Not helped by temporarily sharing an office with, amongst others, my boss so recreational net use during working hours has been a little curtailed...

The Comfy Chair has been going great, almost feels like I'm cheating when I take it on group rides, it's fast :D