How awesome is commuting?!!?!?!!

cuttsnake

Re: How awesome is commuting?!!?!?!!

Postby cuttsnake » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:30 pm

I love being able to ride to work - rain wind or shine. Unfortunately because of the rain and slippery conditons I now have a cracked shoulder and at least four weeks without riding! :roll:
Cuttsy.

I've worked very hard to achieve this level of mediocrity.

Pax

Postby Pax » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:24 pm

cuttsnake wrote:I love being able to ride to work - rain wind or shine. Unfortunately because of the rain and slippery conditons I now have a cracked shoulder and at least four weeks without riding! :roll:
That's no good!! Hope you're better soon

casual_cyclist

Postby casual_cyclist » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:19 pm

A nice hot shower was very welcome after this morning's rather chilly commute.
<removed by request>

rmgrimes79

Postby rmgrimes79 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:43 pm

[quote="Supe"][quote="suzieQ"]

Darwin public transport is horrible due to the itinerants allowed on to the bus.

hey supe same here in townsville.....we have about 10 different bus routes but they are never in conjunction with my hospital shift times and never go close to where i want to go.... as per the smell, wait till you work in ED, buses are nothing my friend .... and while we dont get the rain that you get i just carry a spare pair of socks for the ride home --- stuff your shoes with paper at the start of the day and with dry socks on the way home, feels like a million bucks however with our monsoonal rain dryness wont last long so once you are wet what does it matter? cant get any wetter :)

also townsville has alot of those idiot drivers you guys were mentioning, did you guys send them up from down south or were they bred here???
"I know its a buget 'cause its got lots of numbers in it!" GWBush

2wheels

Postby 2wheels » Tue May 12, 2009 10:45 pm

started commuting since Jan - 10kms from Lane Cove to Sydney CBD. Loving it except there are still idiot drivers and pedestrians on the road. Everytime I have to take the bus I feel like there's some sort of injustice being imposed upon me.

pickle

Postby pickle » Tue May 12, 2009 10:56 pm

Funny that you mention that. I was feeling a little off the other day and thought I would catch the bus to uni. I walked up the bustop (~500m) and the traffic was appalling (Canning Hwy for those in perth) and I couldn't be bothered sitting in it, even in a bus. So I turned around, went home and got my bike. It was one of the nicest rides I've had. So satisfying :)
Data not found... brain not found more like it

the dang

Postby the dang » Wed May 13, 2009 11:57 am

if youre riding a bike with regular platform pedals, another option is to buy aqua shoes. There is one called shimano aqua shoe (I think its for rock fishing).

It has holes in the soles and a combination of mesh and neoprene upper and dries fast. I had to walk through an over-flowing creek on my commute once and then I wore them in the shower to wash all the creek water out. They were dry by the end of the day.

They look like regular sneakers too. But they arent the warmest...