so if i want bike shorts......

sleeprequired

so if i want bike shorts......

Postby sleeprequired » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:25 pm

ok so there's some pretty good stuff available online with bike shorts but.... I wanna know where in Melbourne has the best range of bike shorts for MTB. I basically want the ones that look like boardies with a liner as well....

herzog

Re: so if i want bike shorts......

Postby herzog » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:31 pm

Anaconda shops sell Fox gear if that helps?

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:21 pm

Fox is good. Got a set for my son on sale, and he really likes them.

If only I can stop his growth spurt so they last for fit longer than 6 months, especially as I'm off the bike at the moment. * wanders off to find brick ot put on son's head *

sleeprequired

Postby sleeprequired » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:15 pm

trailgumby wrote:Fox is good. Got a set for my son on sale, and he really likes them.

If only I can stop his growth spurt so they last for fit longer than 6 months, especially as I'm off the bike at the moment. * wanders off to find brick ot put on son's head *
when i'm a parent that's gonna kill me.... so who's got the best clothing range? in particular bike shorts of course...

I was checking out a pair of fox shorts... they were the baggy campus ones... pretty cool but i just couldn't do the checkers in the end. Besdies i wanted to check it out on the internet. Although it's hard to get the same brands..

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:32 pm

I just happened to be in my LBS when my son was playing Saturday cricket nearby and spotted them at 50% off - I wouldn't pay retail for them. :shock:

If you know your size Torpedo7 is good. You have the option of returning any time up to a year with them, although you wear the freight. Sometimes you have to act quick if you want the popular sizes. I have fox gloves and helmets and find them good, too, but none of their shorts for myself.

sleeprequired

Postby sleeprequired » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:36 pm

what i'm really after is a shop or a couple of shops that carry heaps of variety so i can try a few on and then see how i go...

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:59 am

Goldcross?

sleeprequired

Postby sleeprequired » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:02 am

trailgumby wrote:Goldcross?
yeah it might be a go-er, i'll check them out today...

so far i've got;
annaconda
goldcross
rebel (from the GF)

i thought there'd be an option everyone knew was the best... you know, like a JB Hifi of Bike shorts... Sounds kinda stupid when i say it like that though :oops:

sleeprequired

Postby sleeprequired » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:40 pm

well we can scratch off annconda, VERY crappy range there.

familyguy

Postby familyguy » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:09 pm

sleeprequired wrote:i thought there'd be an option everyone knew was the best... you know, like a JB Hifi of Bike shorts... Sounds kinda stupid when i say it like that though :oops:
Cycle clothing is one of those cycling questions along the lines of:
Holden vs. Ford?
F1 vs. IndyCar?
Shimano vs. Campy?
NRL vs. AFL?
Adidas vs. Nike?

People will have their favoured suppliers. Someone who only wears Fox gear (myself included) may do so to the exclusion of all other manufacturers.

Also, a lot of bike shops have two or three brands. Nobody (or very unlikely) will stock Netti, Fox, Castelli, Assos, Scody, etc, etc, etc. Its just not a big enough market for your average LBS to stock ten different brands of shorts. Try on what they've got. If they feel good, grab them. If not, try another store. Pick some you like and you'll wear them forever.

Jim

sleeprequired

Postby sleeprequired » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:53 pm

familyguy wrote:
sleeprequired wrote:i thought there'd be an option everyone knew was the best... you know, like a JB Hifi of Bike shorts... Sounds kinda stupid when i say it like that though :oops:
Cycle clothing is one of those cycling questions along the lines of:
Holden vs. Ford?
F1 vs. IndyCar?
Shimano vs. Campy?
NRL vs. AFL?
Adidas vs. Nike?

People will have their favoured suppliers. Someone who only wears Fox gear (myself included) may do so to the exclusion of all other manufacturers.

Also, a lot of bike shops have two or three brands. Nobody (or very unlikely) will stock Netti, Fox, Castelli, Assos, Scody, etc, etc, etc. Its just not a big enough market for your average LBS to stock ten different brands of shorts. Try on what they've got. If they feel good, grab them. If not, try another store. Pick some you like and you'll wear them forever.

Jim
i was referring to which shops would have the best range, not the best brand. i'm just after a shop with a decent enough range.

edit - i should ask you, where do you buy your fox shorts from. they seemed fine to me... does the place you go have a good range of fox shorts?

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:26 pm

Rebel, at least here in Sydney, has a very limited range and charges top dollar. Usually only Netti and a couple of others I've never heard of, and mostly knicks. :x

Surely there must be a big bike shop in the CBD somewhere?

waynohh

Postby waynohh » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:46 pm

I got some cell shy shorts for $20. Definite upgrade from regular shorts, but only wear bibs now.

familyguy

Postby familyguy » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:53 am

sleeprequired wrote: i was referring to which shops would have the best range, not the best brand. i'm just after a shop with a decent enough range.

edit - i should ask you, where do you buy your fox shorts from. they seemed fine to me... does the place you go have a good range of fox shorts?
I did sorta mean that not many (if any) shops have a big range of brands. eg: my LBS stocks two brands of clothing, and they're both good.

I bought my Fox shorts from here. But thats Sydney...try MBC in Prahran. They stock Netti it seems, try their Super Shy shorts. Similiar to my Fox shorts, only shorter and a little heavier fabric.

Jim

sleeprequired

Postby sleeprequired » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:23 am

familyguy wrote:
sleeprequired wrote: i was referring to which shops would have the best range, not the best brand. i'm just after a shop with a decent enough range.

I did sorta mean that not many (if any) shops have a big range of brands. eg: my LBS stocks two brands of clothing, and they're both good.

I bought my Fox shorts from here. But thats Sydney...try MBC in Prahran. They stock Netti it seems, try their Super Shy shorts. Similiar to my Fox shorts, only shorter and a little heavier fabric.

Jim
yeah that's where we bought my GF's bike. I looked at what they had and didn't really like anything. After riding to work this morning in pouring rain, i'm definately gonna need something quickdry at least. I'm gonna check out goldcross when i get a chance.

pooja84

Postby pooja84 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:54 pm

Try out the Fox Base Cycling Shorts. It is really very comfortable.