Crapola!!!....P.E.D's in Cycling

RICHARDH

Re: Crapola!!!....

Postby RICHARDH » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:42 am

Spanish court says it has jurisdiction over the case, which means "stop investigating our rider we want covered up". The Spanish Fed. has alot to answer for the lack of will to investigate riders is amazing.
We are stuck with technology when what we really want is just stuff that works (Douglas Adams)

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:38 pm

Yes CONI can only ban him in Italy without UCI steeping in...but still rules him out of his seasons main aim if they do.

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:09 am

:roll:
Last edited by toolonglegs on Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tale

Postby Tale » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:17 pm

I think LA's version of events is quite understandable. He gets mobbed and has stalkers and needs protection in France, and some French guy who is unable to properly identify himself turns up saying "I'm here to stick needles in you".

Also his latest Twitter post is funny: "Just took a shower. Got it down under 10 mins. Whew."
Fuji Roubaix RC 2009 - Trek 520 1998 - Touring videos - Commute

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:56 pm

toolonglegs wrote:LA is in the crap...what can you say...he knows the rules better than anyone...shite even I know that once notified of a test you must stay with the tester until the test is complete...20 minutes for a shower...what were you on LA!!!.
Wonder if that is the reason the Giro suddenly changed it's route today and now won't enter France...or am I just reading too much into it? :roll:
Oh the fun and games.
I reckon this BikeSnobNYC posting pretty well sums it ....

Andrew
Andrew

Tale

Postby Tale » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:56 pm

This is LA's version of events - he had just returned from an all-day training session:
"I also had never heard of a laboratory (as opposed to an anti-doping organization) sending testers to collect samples. We asked the tester for evidence of his authority. We looked at his papers but they were far from clear or impressive and we still had significant questions about who he was or for whom he worked. I was there with Johan Bruyneel and two other people. We told the tester we wanted to check with the UCI to confirm who he was and to make sure he wasn’t just some French guy with a backpack and some equipment to take my blood and urine. Johan stayed with him and in his presence called the UCI to find out what was going on. We asked if it was OK for me to run inside and shower while they made their calls and the tester said that was fine."

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:13 pm

I personally think it was unlikely he did something in the shower...
Last edited by toolonglegs on Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tale

Postby Tale » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:53 am

International Cycling Union (UCI) chief Pat McQuaid has confirmed that Armstrong was given permission to take a shower.

The problem here is with the tester. He was a weirdo who arrived alone without proper ID and didn't follow the rules. His willingness to send Lance out of his sight probably confirmed in their minds that he was an impostor.

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:06 pm

I just hope Paris Roubaix is good!..but I will probably miss it at this rate...
Last edited by toolonglegs on Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:17 pm

...but this saga is probably more fun than the tour will be!.
Last edited by toolonglegs on Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:48 pm

Interesting....

"At the agency, the version of events is that only when the tester threatened to call in gendarmes did Bruyneel agree to let testing proceed, and the French official pooh-poohed Armstrong's claim that the tester let him shower. The agency says the tester reported that he repeatedly warned Armstrong that he had to keep him within his sight at all times." - The Associated Press

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:58 am

toolonglegs wrote:Interesting....

"At the agency, the version of events is that only when the tester threatened to call in gendarmes did Bruyneel agree to let testing proceed, and the French official pooh-poohed Armstrong's claim that the tester let him shower. The agency says the tester reported that he repeatedly warned Armstrong that he had to keep him within his sight at all times." - The Associated Press
But didn't he sign the form saying no issues? If that is the case then what you quote above lacks veracity.... The form should tell the story. Why haven't the French released the form?

Andrew
Andrew

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:34 pm

Prudhome has already said he expects LA at the tour so we shall see.
Last edited by toolonglegs on Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

RICHARDH

Postby RICHARDH » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:25 am

Basically i doubt Lance sneeked off to inject himself with his magic masking agent but the point is that for all his talk of transperency etc his managed to dump Catlina and have a never ending ribbing of the AFLD on his Twitter and now this. To be honest i cant wait for him get this all out of his system ( pun intended ? you decided :wink: ) and go back to texas it was old 3 years ago and its no better now.
We are stuck with technology when what we really want is just stuff that works (Douglas Adams)

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:47 am

Tyler Tyler Tyler.... :roll:

Ant.

Postby Ant. » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:48 am

Nice excuse Hamilton :roll:
At least he isn't saying he didn't know what he took.
Cervélo R3
Cervélo P3C
BT Blade

moosterbounce

Postby moosterbounce » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:39 pm

Personally, I think the Tyler incident is a very sad case. Mr Moo suggested there were probably other options for him, but I don't know. I've never been depressed so don't know what goes through one's mind at that point, but he must have been desperate to make his mind better with something he knew would compromise his career. The father or a friend of mind has ben diagnosed and I've heard and experienced some desperate times with them

Or we could not believe his tale...but the family evidence is pretty sad. Depression is a quiet killer as the cycling community already knows too well.

I hope he receives the help he needs and it makes a positive difference to his life.

RICHARDH

Postby RICHARDH » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:03 pm

IF he has depression then i hope he gets help but this is the guy with the vanishing twin so all ill say is that im glad he is no longer racing.

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:39 pm

G'day

French get it wrong once again ... man they need to learn to shut-up until they have all the facts ...
Two weeks after saying there was “a very high likelihood” that he would be barred from the Tour de France in July because of a dispute with France’s antidoping agency, Lance Armstrong announced that his plan to compete in the race was back on course.

The French antidoping agency said in a statement Friday that it would not seek to punish Armstrong, the seven-time Tour winner, for what a drug tester said was a rules violation last month.

The agency said it “decided to take into consideration the written explanations of the athlete” that came in a letter from Armstrong dated April 16.
More at the New York Times.

Andrew
Andrew

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:01 pm

Prudhomme said right at the beginning that LA would be at the tour.
Last edited by toolonglegs on Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Thu May 07, 2009 11:10 am

G'day
Austrian cyclist Christian Pfannberger has pulled out of the Giro d'Italia and been suspended from the Katusha team after failing a doping test.

A surprise test on Pfannberger at his home in Austria on March 19 came back positive, and the rider sent a letter to Katusha on Tuesday saying he was pulling out of the Giro for personal reasons.
Cycling Central

Andrew
Andrew

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Thu May 07, 2009 11:11 am

And ...
Spanish cyclist Alejandro Valverde is bringing a lawsuit against Italian Olympic Committee (CONI) anti-doping prosecutor Ettore Torri.

"Mr Torri acts, in a repeatedly obstinate manner, with total disregard for the Spanish legal authorities, refusing to submit to the decision of the Madrid judge that forbids CONI from using criminal evidence against athletes," Valverde said in a statement.

CONI accuses Valverde of violating article 2.2 of the World Anti-doping Agency's (WADA) code regarding the use of prohibited substances and has called for him to be banned for two years.
Cycling Central

Andrew
Andrew

RICHARDH

Postby RICHARDH » Wed May 13, 2009 4:02 pm

Seeing as this is a designated doping thread

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id= ... may11news3

And of course his going to fight it (Landis anyone) sorry mate just like epo doesnt suddenly appear in test tubes your DNA doesnt magically transmute itself into mishandled blood bags :roll:

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Wed May 13, 2009 4:19 pm

:?:
Last edited by toolonglegs on Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Thu May 14, 2009 12:04 am

Last edited by toolonglegs on Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.