Any track days in Sydney?

Where speeds may exceed 60 kmph

Any track days in Sydney?

Postby mattD110td5x » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:03 am

Hi All - after reading the Aust Cyclist a couple of months back A few of us are interested in trying out track riding.
The AC article was based in Melbourne - are there any tracks in Sydney that run sessions where you pay $,
and bikes/advice/tracktime are available?

- Matt
mattD110td5x

by BNA » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:40 am

BNA

Re: Any track days in Sydney?

Postby sogood » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:40 am

Dunc Grey Velodrome in Bass Hill. Otherwise Canterbury Velodrome in Tempe also has programs for club riders.
Bianchi, Ridley, Montague, GT, Garmin and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.
sogood

Postby Jack » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:25 pm

If you are an affiliated rider you can hire a bike from NSWCF and attend Wednesday night training 7:00 or ride during office hours at the Dunc Gray.

If you aren't a racing rider you can take out a Ride-it licence which allows you to ride on the velodromes and participate in training sessions.
Jack

Postby Zujan » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:07 pm

sogood wrote: Otherwise Canterbury Velodrome in Tempe also has programs for club riders.

On wednesday night, is this training session open for anyone or just DHBC members?Where I can find more details about it?
Sasha
2011 Cervelo S3/SRAM Red in Black/Zipp 404/3T Team/Prologo Scratch Nack (racing)
2009 Felt TK2 track
2010 Cervelo R3/SRAM Red/Eastons EA70/3T Team/Fizik Aliante (training)Fulcrum Racing 1 (racing)
Zujan

Postby toff » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:04 pm

Zujan wrote:
sogood wrote: Otherwise Canterbury Velodrome in Tempe also has programs for club riders.

On wednesday night, is this training session open for anyone or just DHBC members?Where I can find more details about it?

Open to anyone who has a racing or rideit licence and is willing to pay $5. Details here. If you've got a track legal bike, come on down. Coaches available, and lots of friendly people. Just walk up to anyone in a DHBC shirt and say you want to ride, and they'll sort you out.

If you don't have a bike, we can probably sort you out a loaner, but that requires a bit of warning. If this is the case, PM me.
toff

Return to Track