WA touring group?

Kalgrm
Super Mod
Super Mod

WA touring group?

Postby Kalgrm » Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:01 pm

I suppose Heavymetal is the one to answer this, but rather than send him a PM, I'm asking on behalf of future inquisitors too.

Is there a WA bike touring group? It's been many years since I was involved in the Melbourne Bicycle Touring Club, but enjoyed my outings with them very much. Is there a similar group here in WA? Now that I'm 'bent, I wouldn't mind taking the new steed on an extended weekend ride or two.

Cheers,
Graeme
Think outside the double triangle.
---------------------
Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it ....

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:44 pm

G'day

Not Heavymetal, but there is a club called Cycle Touring Association of Western Australia (Inc.). Might be what you are looking for.

Regards
Andrew

moosterbounce

Postby moosterbounce » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:48 pm

Their Down South supported ride sounded interesting. I picked up a brochure from DPI when I was last in there (working there at the moment) and I was tempted. It is in October so the weather/flowers would be beaut.

There isn't anything on the site about no 'bents...probably in the fine print somewhere :wink:

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:59 pm

There is also this mob of weridos ...http://www.wahpv.org/ :-)

Andrew

heavymetal
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby heavymetal » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:01 pm

There is the CTA (mentioned above) who do some tours. Another group that does some occasional short tours is Cycling For Pleasure.

Of course there is BicycleWA :lol: We tour, but only hard core. No support, no SAG vehicle, no coffee stops in shops (usually because there are none) and it's carry all of your own supplies.

There is a possible tour in Sept/Oct north to Kalbarri and back, and we are still debating the great BicycleWA ride to Rotto and back :shock: :D

Kev.
There is only one BicycleWA.

Kalgrm
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Kalgrm » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:47 pm

Thanks guys - the CTA and C4P look like what I was after, plus the unsupported rides of BWA .... those are the rides I enjoyed the most in Victoria (multi day trips through the Otway Ranges, etc)

I'm already one of those weirdos Andrew, as you may have guessed. I ride with them on a Sunday morning for a social ride. They tend to be very slow, but that's fine by me - I treat the rides as a rest day, travelling 50km or so in three or four hours.

Cheers,
Graeme
Think outside the double triangle.
---------------------
Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it ....

Crank

Postby Crank » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:50 pm

possible tour in Sept/Oct north to Kalbarri and back
Its sound like there could be a tour going i can meet you somewhere as well along the road then we could then go from Murchison Station in land and come out on the Useloop road then back to Kalbarri on the road how does that sound :D :D

heavymetal
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby heavymetal » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:13 pm

Crank wrote:then we could then go from Murchison Station in land and come out on the Useloop road then back to Kalbarri on the road how does that sound :D :D
I'll be on the road tourer pulling a BOB trailer. The expedition bike is not built yet :shock: The hold up is the lack of suitable parts in this country :shock:

Kev.
There is only one BicycleWA.