milan to como

roland.wardell

milan to como

Postby roland.wardell » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:15 pm

I am joining an organised bike ride in Como,Italy. My flight arrives at Linate Airport Milan and I will take a bus from Milan (Linate) airport to MilanCentrale Railway Station to arrive in Como by train.I will have my bike in a box and other baggage.
Does anybody know if they will take the bike box on the bus.?...has anybody had to do this or a similar journey in Italy ?..........thanks

miyata84

Re: milan to como

Postby miyata84 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:14 pm

Caught this bus late last year...easy to find right out side of the airport. It will be crowded...you put your luggage on yourself in compartments, the driver does not help. Maybe wait and be first to load to get your bike on first. Have a great trip. met some Italian bike riders in Como one on a a very nice De Rosa king. Milan railway station very hectic. Go online to Italian railway site and print out your train schedule.....so when you front the ticket office you can show them what you want, saves hassle and they appreciate it. There is a bicycle museum just outside Milan...sorry forgotten the name.

munro3

Postby munro3 » Thu May 07, 2009 5:07 pm

So, how was the trip?
wilier

roland.wardell

Postby roland.wardell » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:17 pm

Thanks for the info......had a great trip did a tour called Les 6 Alpes Como to Nice.......6 moumtain passes in the French Alpes that appear on occassions in Le Tour....
Great weather, camping, the riding challenging,certainly recomend it.If you google Les Six Alpes Bike Dreams 2009 there are photos and info.
In the end I got a taxi/Van from Milan to my hotel in Como, couldnt face the stress of airport bus and train without speaking Italian, bike and baggage and all.Cost me 120 euros ,I know its expensive but was worth it for me..........sorry I dont know your name,my name is Roland