Get a bike for 99 bucks!

JV911

Get a bike for 99 bucks!

Postby JV911 » Fri May 08, 2009 8:39 am

Brisbane-Wide Savings

To celebrate the Grand Opening of 99 Bikes Newmarket , all 99 Bikes stores are getting on board for a massive weekend of smashing deals.

99 Bikes Newmarket - 50 bikes for $99
99 Bikes Chermside - 100 bikes for $99
(These won't last so get in early!)

Check out what's up for grabs... Usually $249, limited stock for $99! (click image below)

*no affiliation yada yada yada
<---LACC--->
<---BMC SLR01--->

Pax

Re: Get a bike for 99 bucks!

Postby Pax » Fri May 08, 2009 10:46 am

Anyone had any dealings with this company?

Interested to see that they have a shop in Chermside and the openning hours are until 7pm...very convenient for dropping in on the commute home

HOWEVER: Read the staff profiles of the Chermisde store...ok so they are trying to be a bit funny but they DO NOT fill me with confidence about the breadth or depth of the teams knowledge of cycling. Possibly just poor marketing/promotions, but just as possibly pretty thin on??? :?

Zynster

Postby Zynster » Fri May 08, 2009 4:23 pm

Awful website. :?
Fausto Coppi Reparto Corse | Giant Farrago Cross

Max

Postby Max » Fri May 08, 2009 6:04 pm

Craptacular service at their Gap shop. I walked in there looking for knicks and/or shy shorts. Being as big as I was at the time, I was having a tough time finding anything that looked like it might fit. Try as I might, I couldn't get any salesperson's attention. They were all having a conversation towards the back of the shop. Finally after lighting flares, sending smoke signals and sounding a foghorn, one of them offered to assist me. Great. Got some knicks and went to try them on. When I got out of the change room, they'd all vanished. Vanished. I could've walked out of the shop with an armful of knicks and no-one would've ever been the wiser. I swore then and there that I'd never give them a red cent of my hard-earned, and left.

Max
One of the best things about bicycle commuting is that it can mitigate the displeasure of having to go to work. - BikeSnobNYC
Cycling is sometimes like bobbing for apples in a bucket full of dicks. - SydGuy

russellgarrard

Postby russellgarrard » Fri May 08, 2009 6:35 pm

Sounds like the dropkicks doing the hiring for goldcross! I tried applying for a job, the f**king MORONS had the job ad cut-off on their website!

Let me guess they don't want bicycle enthusiasts with a little bit of retail knowledge, they want award wage dropkick's with plenty of retail experience with no bicycle knowledge???

beanspropulsion

Postby beanspropulsion » Fri May 08, 2009 6:53 pm

Max wrote:Craptacular service at their Gap shop. I walked in there looking for knicks and/or shy shorts. Being as big as I was at the time, I was having a tough time finding anything that looked like it might fit. Try as I might, I couldn't get any salesperson's attention. They were all having a conversation towards the back of the shop. Finally after lighting flares, sending smoke signals and sounding a foghorn, one of them offered to assist me. Great. Got some knicks and went to try them on. When I got out of the change room, they'd all vanished. Vanished. I could've walked out of the shop with an armful of knicks and no-one would've ever been the wiser. I swore then and there that I'd never give them a red cent of my hard-earned, and left.

Max

It's a fine line between being a pushy salesperson and letting a customer browse. I for one hate it if i'm bundled up by a salesperson as soon as I arrive in store.

I have shopped at the Milton store and found the staff great and the prices reasonable for the advice offered. However I found the young guy I spoke to at the Underwood store to be a bit inexperienced. Probably expanded too quickly.

On the whole though 99 Bikes are good.

Pax

Postby Pax » Fri May 08, 2009 10:28 pm

Max wrote:Craptacular service at their Gap shop. I walked in there looking for knicks and/or shy shorts. Being as big as I was at the time, I was having a tough time finding anything that looked like it might fit. Try as I might, I couldn't get any salesperson's attention. They were all having a conversation towards the back of the shop. Finally after lighting flares, sending smoke signals and sounding a foghorn, one of them offered to assist me. Great. Got some knicks and went to try them on. When I got out of the change room, they'd all vanished. Vanished. Max
:lol: :lol: :lol:

elantra

Postby elantra » Sun May 10, 2009 3:59 pm

beanspropulsion wrote: It's a fine line between being a pushy salesperson and letting a customer browse. I for one hate it if i'm bundled up by a salesperson as soon as I arrive in store.
I Agree, sometimes you just want to have an opportunity to look around and think for yourself.
I dropped in on the Underwood store yesterday arvo and picked up a few things after a relaxing browse.
Service was friendly and relaxed even though it was at the end of a long day for them.
Bicycle shops are all a bit different and this caters for different moods and needs.
Wouldn't it be a shame if they were all the same - like a supermarket chain
And the 99 bikes website is actually quite informative, it had a better illustration of the BBB multitool that i bought than on the official BBB website :D

Disclaimer - i have no financial association with any of the 99 bikestores or other business interests. :!:

waynohh

Postby waynohh » Sun May 10, 2009 8:45 pm

Those are the ugliest bikes I've ever seen :oops:

JV911

Postby JV911 » Mon May 11, 2009 12:15 pm

Pax wrote:Anyone had any dealings with this company?
i have (mailorder only) as prices were heaps better than my LBSs in sydney CBD

placed an order on their site and received a phone call about 10 mins later to tell me that the item was out of stock, but they'd call me when it came and give me my money back upfront. both of which they did.
<---LACC--->
<---BMC SLR01--->

soc

Postby soc » Mon May 11, 2009 2:57 pm

Went into the new Chermside store week before last to check it out. They were still unpacking everything and I had to dodge around the mechs test riding the bikes around in the store as they assembled them. Got to chatting with the manager Chris (although I didn't know he was the manager), lovely bloke. Wanted to get just a new bottle cage and a spoke key, Chris knocked a few dollars off boths because prices weren't up yet. Was also looking at some toe clips for an old bike so he goes out the back and finds for me a set of pedals and toe clips they'd just taken off another bike. He says here have them, they're yours. Little things like that endear me to a store, so I'll be back in there.

the $99 bikes are real dinosaurs though - heavy as all buggery, wouldn't want to be commuting on one anywhere near a gentle rise...