Expressions of Interest - Waterous Trail [Mundi Biddi]

Aushiker

Expressions of Interest - Waterous Trail [Mundi Biddi]

Postby Aushiker » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:28 am

G'day

Having chatted to Perry at tonight's Perth Bushwalkers Club meeting, the idea to head off for a weekend mountain bike ride was born.

The plan is take on the relatively easy Waterous Trail which is a loop trail running off the Mundi Biddi Trail. Going from the description of the trail it should be a good introduction into weekend mountain bike touring.

The Waterous Trail starts at Waroona Dam and Lake Navarino Forrest Resort and circuits around and through Nanga and the Lane Poole Reserve.

The plan is to head down on Friday night camping at Waroona Dam or nearby before heading off to the Bidjar Ngoulin campsite on the Mundi Biddi on Saturday. Sunday will see us completing the loop back to the cars at Waroona Dam.

Saturday's ride will be about 32 km of easy to medium riding. Sunday will be about 30 km of mainly easy riding with a 6 km section of medium grade riding.

Bidjar Ngoulin is a larger version of a Bibbulmun Track campsite with sleeping platforms, bike racks, toilet and most important a water tank.

I am seeking an expression of interest at this point and indication of which of the following dates suit. The proposed dates are:

August 17 - 19, 2007
August 31 - September 2, 2007
September 15 - 16, 2007
September 28 - 30, 2007

If you are interested please indicate your preferred dates. I will go with the date the suits the majority of folks and assuming it does not clash with the Stockman's Gully weekend backpack.

As this ride will be run under the auspices of the Perth Bushwalkers Club a $5.00 visitors fee is payable for non-members and I need to make decision on the date by COB July 19, 2007.

Let me know what you think.

Regards
Andrew

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:48 pm

Dear All

Please find the walk description for my upcoming weekend mountain bike ride. As the ride is being run under the auspices of the Perth Bushwalkers Club, visitors are required to pay a $5.00 visitors fee (covers insurance for the weekended). If you are interested in coming along please contact me off-list.

Regards
Andrew Priest

OCTOBER 12 – OCTOBER 14 – WATEROUS TRAIL – MOUNTAIN BIKE RIDE – 62 KM

This is a weekend mountain bike ride not a weekend backpack, however camping is involved on Friday and Saturday nights. We will be riding the relatively easy Waterous Trail which is a loop trail running off the Mundi Biddi Track. Going from the description of the trail it should be a good introduction into weekend mountain bike touring for those interested. The Waterous Trail starts at Waroona Dam and Lake Navarino Forrest Resort and circuits around and through Nanga and the Lane Poole Reserve. We will head down on Friday night camping at Waroona Dam or nearby before heading off to the Bidjar Ngoulin campsite on the Mundi Biddi on Saturday. Sunday will see us completing the loop back to the cars at Waroona Dam. Saturday's ride will be about 32 km of easy to medium riding. Sunday will be about 30 km of mainly easy riding with a 6 km section of medium grade riding. Bidjar Ngoulin is a larger version of a Bibbulmun Track campsite with sleeping platforms, bike racks, toilet and most important a water tank. Interested riders will need to provide their own mountain bike, have panniers and be comfortable with riding on a mountain bike circuit with a loaded bike. It should be understood that this is new ground for Andrew so you should be comfortable with your own capabilities as a mountain bike rider. Water is available at Saturday night’s campsite. Andrew rates this as an easy – medium ride. Interested? Please email Andrew at Andrew@aushiker.com to book a spot on the ride.