Attention Brisbane New Farm Cyclists

Lynn

Attention Brisbane New Farm Cyclists

Postby Lynn » Mon May 25, 2009 2:53 pm

Some of you may have seen the proposal to sell off public land at Howard Smith Wharf at the end of Boundary Street, City/New Farm interface (see google maps) to grossly over-develop for private hotel/commercial/entertainment development. This area currently contains an important connectivity for cyclists and pedestrians commuting from the CBD to New Farm or for cyclists and pedestrians using the path recreationally or for training purposes. The proposal will attract heavy traffic as well as incorporate a 117 car carpark and create a bottle-neck in an otherwise vital strategic link for cyclists. Cyclist safety will be compromised as the path width will be reduced. Please consider lodging a submission to Brisbane City Council on the impacts to cyclists from the proposal, which sets a dangerous precedent. Submissions need only be short and are due by the 28.5.09. Contact me for more details or phone BCC for proposal details.

Aushiker

Re: Attention Brisbane New Farm Cyclists

Postby Aushiker » Mon May 25, 2009 4:22 pm

G'day

I have moved this to the Queensland sub-forum as I assume it is a Queensland matter. Would that be correct?

Regards
Andrew

Lynn

Postby Lynn » Fri May 29, 2009 8:51 pm

Yes, it is a Brisbane matter largely. Thanks. I'm new to the site.

beauyboy

Postby beauyboy » Sat May 30, 2009 7:53 am

The CBD bug has submitted a reply to the development. Please be aware that CBD BUG would have no possition on the development just bicycle access through the site!

Donald
BCC give us some more bikeways fore safe travel!!!!
Upgrade the NCL now QR!!!!!!
http://nakedcyclistbrissy.blogspot.com/
My views do not represent any organisation I may be apart of unless otherwise stated