Heads up Thurs 5 July

europa
Location: southern end of Adelaide - home of hills, fixies and drop bears

Heads up Thurs 5 July

Postby europa » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:19 pm

SBS, Thurs 5th July, 10:20 pm

"Aussie Onslaught: 25 Years of le Tour"

Aussies in the TdF over the last 25 years.
I'll be watching :D

Richard

God bless SBS, coz Howard don't givva stuff :?
I had a good bike ... so I fixed it

europa
Location: southern end of Adelaide - home of hills, fixies and drop bears

Postby europa » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:55 pm

What a great show :D

You West Aussies, DO NOT MISS THIS SHOW!

Makes me proud to be an Aussie :oops:

Richard
Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi
I had a good bike ... so I fixed it

LuckyPierre

Postby LuckyPierre » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:40 am

I succumbed to grumpiness and went to bed before it started - but I did push the record button on my Fox box, so I'll watch it over the weekend.

Here's a totally off-topic, off-forum issue. Is there any way to rip stuff off a Foxtel iQ box's hard disk? Would putting another recorder (or a PC) 'between' the iQ and the TV enable the signal to be recorded in a re-playable format? Logic suggests that it would, but I'd prefer some (preferably high) likelihood of success before I start experimenting.
Litespeed Classic - 3Al/2.5V titanium tube set, Record 9-speed groupset, Open Corsa Evo CX
Alchemy Diablo - Columbus Zonal tubing, Ultegra 9-speed groupset, UltraGatorskins
Gitane Rocks T1 - U6 tubing, Deore/XT groupset, CrossMarks

tuco

Postby tuco » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:01 am

LuckyPierre wrote:I succumbed to grumpiness and went to bed before it started - but I did push the record button on my Fox box, so I'll watch it over the weekend.

Here's a totally off-topic, off-forum issue. Is there any way to rip stuff off a Foxtel iQ box's hard disk? Would putting another recorder (or a PC) 'between' the iQ and the TV enable the signal to be recorded in a re-playable format? Logic suggests that it would, but I'd prefer some (preferably high) likelihood of success before I start experimenting.
Firstly I don't and never have had Austar or any type of pay TV so I'm not sure how it's connected up but as an ex broadcast technical officer, if you can put a recording device in the line just before it goes into the TV then you can record it. The TV can only decode one type of signal and that's a recordable signal. This is assuming it's going into the TV as a standard 1vp-p video signal which really it has to.

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:15 am

Excellent show.

Side point: did you notice that when helmets were not compulsory that some were wearing them and some weren't
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

tuco

Postby tuco » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:07 am

mikesbytes wrote:Excellent show.

Side point: did you notice that when helmets were not compulsory that some were wearing them and some weren't
My wife pointed the lack of helmets out, yes she actually watched half the show and was quite impressed, although she keeps saying she doesn't like watching the accidents but probably only because she's worried about our daughter crashing.

moosterbounce

Postby moosterbounce » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:17 pm

LuckyPierre wrote:I succumbed to grumpiness and went to bed before it started - but I did push the record button on my Fox box, so I'll watch it over the weekend.

Dunno...but we taped this so if it were this you wanted, I could rip it to CD and post it your way.

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:15 pm

LuckyPierre wrote:Here's a totally off-topic, off-forum issue. Is there any way to rip stuff off a Foxtel iQ box's hard disk? Would putting another recorder (or a PC) 'between' the iQ and the TV enable the signal to be recorded in a re-playable format? Logic suggests that it would, but I'd prefer some (preferably high) likelihood of success before I start experimenting.
Try www.videohelp.com
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

gdl_gdl

Postby gdl_gdl » Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:30 am

As per Tuco's suggestion (although I don't have his technical knowledge), I have daisychained a VCR (and added a DVD recorder to the chain at a later date and kept the VCR in place) before the TV signal hits the Foxtel box and this works fine.

Cheers,

Gary

fred

Postby fred » Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:48 am

yeah, that was both fun and great to watch..

it was nice to see how stuart o grady started in tour and all those emotions after winning his first stage victory..

robie mckewen, the sprint king, seems to be wearing the greenjersey all the time..

Kev365428

Postby Kev365428 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:34 pm

moosterbounce wrote:<snip>Dunno...but we taped this so if it were this you wanted, I could rip it to CD and post it your way.
If your serious, I'd love a copy of it.

Kev.