Good TT in WA this weekend

Troy C

Good TT in WA this weekend

Postby Troy C » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:24 pm

Its our TT off season over here in the west with a TT once a month
One is this weekend and it good it has come around and i am not the only one, the event is full at 120 riders 4 days out
20km, 5 km loops around the new rowing facility "Champion Lakes" dead flat on a bike/event path around the lake with two bumps and few tight corners
Cameron Meyer rode this at 49km/h and 2 or 3 riders will go 47km/h mark on the weekend
around 30+ riders will go over 40km/h so good speed on a tight coarse that you can see some action
A few of us on here will be doin it. also a few fixies, handcycles and a PF
Can't wait, if you ever thought a tt could interest you, pop down and have a look from 8am on Sunday
TA
Troy
Rota-M Cycling Team, Board Member of ATTA, Member of CWA, WCMCC

casual_cyclist

Re: Good TT in WA this weekend

Postby casual_cyclist » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:35 pm

who organises those? I would be interested in having a look, but will be recovering from a 300k on sat. I would like to have a look at the next one though.
<removed by request>

nimm

Postby nimm » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:00 am

For details visit http://www.atta.asn.au/

BTW I believe it's full already but you can register for future events. I just opened up a spot though as I've pulled out. I have a cold and i'm not going to be 100% so not worth it this time.
/ Giant OCR / Go Vegan /

Ant.

Postby Ant. » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:11 pm

casual_cyclist wrote:who organises those? I would be interested in having a look, but will be recovering from a 300k on sat. I would like to have a look at the next one though.
ATTA are the most organised bunch of people ever. Cycling WA could learn a -lot- from them.

Are your eyes fatigued and need recovery too? :lol: Pop down and watch for a bit, see what it's about, the 'woosh woosh woosh' of disc wheels, carbon fibre bling that wouldn't be out of place at the TdF, along with the other Joe and Joelenes out there for a bit of a session in the time trial pain bin on their steel road bikes.
Plus the handcyclists and the (mad people on their) fixed gears. It's not all about skinsuits and aero helmets. And if it looks interesting, check out the calender on the ATTA website, the next one (next month) is in Shenton Park.
Tick the "do a time trial" box on your list of things to do :mrgreen:

I'll be there, on my road bike, hopefully the ducks stay off the path this time, wishing I was on my time trial rig.

(...if only I had a trispoke front... show those ducks who really owns the path :shock: :P )
Cervélo R3
Cervélo P3C
BT Blade

casual_cyclist

Postby casual_cyclist » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:14 pm

Ant. wrote:Are your eyes fatigued and need recovery too?
No. But I will be asleep :D I will check out the next one tho.
<removed by request>

casual_cyclist

Postby casual_cyclist » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:50 pm

Troy C wrote:Its our TT off season over here in the west with a TT once a month
One is this weekend and it good it has come around and i am not the only one, the event is full at 120 riders 4 days out
20km, 5 km loops around the new rowing facility "Champion Lakes" dead flat on a bike/event path around the lake with two bumps and few tight corners
Cameron Meyer rode this at 49km/h and 2 or 3 riders will go 47km/h mark on the weekend
around 30+ riders will go over 40km/h so good speed on a tight coarse that you can see some action
A few of us on here will be doin it. also a few fixies, handcycles and a PF
Can't wait, if you ever thought a tt could interest you, pop down and have a look from 8am on Sunday
TA
Troy
How did it go?
<removed by request>

nimm

Postby nimm » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:27 pm

results are up already but we need some reports =)
http://www.atta.asn.au/results/results2 ... s6_09.html

casual_cyclist

Postby casual_cyclist » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:53 pm

nimm wrote:results are up already but we need some reports =)
http://www.atta.asn.au/results/results2 ... s6_09.html
+1. Numbers don't tell much of a story
<removed by request>

Troy C

Postby Troy C » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:35 am

A cold start and little wind (as everyone in WA would know), and general consensuses is that it was a slow day
101 starters.... good turnout for a winter event
New coarse record set by Jnr Luke Durbridge 20km at 25:28 = 47.1km avg
You would expect a current euro tour pro would average around 49-50k around this coarse
on the other hand Nicky on her penny farthing went around in 46:37 - 25.7km avg
My time was exactly the same as last month (AT) 27:47 = 43.2km avg with the same placing of 7th
leave me feeling a bit strange to do the same tt a month apart and finish with the same time to a second
I personally do not like this coarse for the corners and sometimes its congested
looking forward to the Shenton Park circuit on the 12th of July.
Regards
Troy

Troy C

Postby Troy C » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:46 am

Pics by James Eu

Ant.

Postby Ant. » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:55 am

Troy, get an aero helmet, that'll be worth some time.
I don't like the venue that much either, but lots of people love it. 1min start intervals are certainly better than the 30s they've done previously.

Check out the parachute of an arm number Luke Durbridge has :lol: (the guy with yellow overshoes in Troys post, for those who don't know him)

The Friday, I had my saddle lowered by 15mm, and I cycled in as a "warmup". Which one to blame, I don't know, I feel very low, but I put out almost 10% less power than previously. Not happy at all about that. But the 808 front along with the sub9 disc came out for a burn for the very first time, and am very impressed with them. The ducks were nowhere to be seen (thankfully!), Michael Freiberg actually turned up, and Luke Durbridge stole the record from Matt Illingworth. I doubt he's happy about that.
Very cold morning, but still great to see a lot of people out. Cycling WA could learn a thing or two from ATTA folk.

ATTA is for everyone. The young and the old make a showing, those with carbon fibre TT bling and those on mountain bikes with camelbak. Free fruitcake at the end too. Must give everyone retrograde amnesia because we all do it again and again :wink:
I'm looking forward to Shenton Park.

Handcyclists

National and world champions

Those turning their life around for the better

Those on fixed gears (why oh why?!)

Masters

And those on their road bike, who are trying to not feel the pain of a broken P3 on the other side of the country :roll: :lol: :lol:

113 great photos can be seen here, http://jalgi.smugmug.com/gallery/8468276_LvExG#P-1-20
To anyone considering it: Do it! Check the calendar out at http://atta.asn.au/
There's no "minimum speed required", or anything like that. Very fun morning. Cost is $8 for non members plus a $3 transponder hire.

I'm looking forward to the Shenton Park time trial next month :D
Cervélo R3
Cervélo P3C
BT Blade

nimm

Postby nimm » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:17 pm

It probably was a "slow(er)" day Troy cause the colder it is the denser the air. I did get out for an easy ride on Sunday and it seemed to be a fairly light wind which would have been similar to last month's conditions (dunno the direction though).
/ Giant OCR / Go Vegan /

casual_cyclist

Postby casual_cyclist » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:35 pm

Ant. wrote:ATTA is for everyone. The young and the old make a showing, those with carbon fibre TT bling and those on mountain bikes with camelbak.
Great post thanks! Love the piccies and it's great to see all sorts of people out racing. Nice work :D
<removed by request>

fixed

Postby fixed » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:23 pm

I wasn't feeling so good on Sunday but took the fixie (88.9") anyway, raised the seat by 16mm, added clip ons, considered shaving my legs - naaah.
The course is very flat but the two rises at the bridges bring the heart rate up each time. I can honestly say I didn't try as hard as last month and so was 1km/h slower (35.1). I do like the fact that my PB on this course has been set on the fixie and not on the campag, hardly change gears anyway.
I was passed by Luke Durbridge on the back straight doing 50km+, bloody fantastic for a plodder like me to share the event with elite riders.

Have signed up for Shenton park, but I'll use the road bike with tribars. 2008/09 was the first attempt at doing a complete season, managed 18 events, qualified for a hilly t-shirt, qualified for silver - missed qual for gold by five points but that would have meant doing either another 80km or a 160km tt, mmm naaah

ATTA is great, very welcoming and we are eager to offer assistance.
The bicycle is a curious vehicle. Its passenger is its engine.

catnfiddle

Postby catnfiddle » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:02 pm

Champion Lakes tommorow 4th Oct 09.

First ride on this course. looking to beat 40mins, anything less and I'm improving.

Dunk

Postby Dunk » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:02 am

I was hoping to be racing the TT this morning, I even just got a new TT helmet and worked on my position a bit, but my partner chose this morning to be induced instead of Monday :roll:

Good luck to "the Schnitz" - I'm off to the hospital!

catnfiddle

Postby catnfiddle » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:11 pm

I beat 40 mins, by 3 mins odd, so I am pretty happy, plus rode 40km there and another 40km back.
Some hardcore testers there, with some serious gear. Good to see.

Good luck Dunk and best wishes.