TdF Stage 4 Finish: Robert Hunter was really pissed

sogood

TdF Stage 4 Finish: Robert Hunter was really pissed

Postby sogood » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:07 am

Did anyone notice how pissed off Robert Hunter was for coming second at the Stage 4 finish? After Thor Hushovd crossed the line less than a 1/2 bike length ahead of him, he could be seen having a tantrum with his fist.

Poor guy. He's really desperate to make Barloworld's wildcard entry in this year's TdF count. Ummm... Or there's a huge incentive somewhere for him and the team to take a stage win. :wink:
Bianchi, Ridley, Tern, Montague and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.

tuco

Re: TdF Stage 4 Finish: Robert Hunter was really pissed

Postby tuco » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:12 am

sogood wrote:Did anyone notice how pissed off Robert Hunter was for coming second at the Stage 4 finish? After Thor Hushovd crossed the line less than a 1/2 bike length ahead of him, he could be seen having a tantrum with his fist.

Poor guy. He's really desperate to make Barloworld's wildcard entry in this year's TdF count. Ummm... Or there's a huge incentive somewhere for him and the team to take a stage win. :wink:
Wasn't he just!

Looking at the stage 3 finish, I reckon if it was 3 metres longer the yellow jersey guy would have been second. That was a close finish.

europa
Location: southern end of Adelaide - home of hills, fixies and drop bears

Postby europa » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:22 am

That's the magic of getting the timing right.

'Twas a fast stage last night.

I felt for the poor bod at the back with the banged up arm and leg. Anyone know if he made it? Mind you, the referee has the discretion to allow someone finishing outside the cut off time to continue and he'd have to be a candidate for that as long as he made it to the end. Good job done by his team mate supporting him.

The breakaway was a lot of fun too, especially the KOMs points chase. Did Chavanel back off to leave the polka dot jersy with Augé? Was that the right thing? Made it interesting anyway, and any breakaway with Fletcher in it is going to be interesting (I've got a soft spot for him).

The sprinters let themselves down a bit. Boonen's whining about being cut off at the last corner - well mate, you knew it was there, why didn't you plan for it? Robbie apparently is still sore from the his crash, but it seems strange to see him let points go like that. It's early days still but in a competition like the Green and with the sprinters in the tour this year, I wouldn't have thought you could afford to let points go.

Richard
I had a good bike ... so I fixed it