Stolen: Scott FB Road bike; Cultural Centre Brisbane

Forum rules
Before posting, please read the guidelines first.
biker

Stolen: Scott FB Road bike; Cultural Centre Brisbane

Postby biker » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:53 pm

Had my 8 month old black Scott FB Road bike locked to bike racks outside the Museum on tuesday.
Went to get it for the ride home and it was gone. no expectations of seeing it again.

I don't know if anyone else knows those bike racks but they are in a corner that is quite well hidden and i suppose, are therefore a target for thieves.
I won't be locking my bike there again (when i get myself a new one) :(

Elmo09

Re: Stolen: Scott FB Road bike; Cultural Centre Brisbane

Postby Elmo09 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:42 pm

Sorry to here that man.
I myself have recently just had my 5 month old Giant Talon stolen.
First day i rode it to tafe it gets flogged. Nothing can do bout it though.
It is a shame. It was a really nice bike and had some awesome rides with
it.

clarinetcola

Postby clarinetcola » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:52 pm

would you say that brissie is equally dangerous bike-theft-wise in comparison with other big cities? I lock my bike up with two big cable locks at southbank everyday and fingers crossed that its still there when I go back. Interestingly I had my derailleur stolen when I locked my bike near the southbank bus stop with the front wheel off (presumably the safest option) method... Gotta be careful guys!

pheo

Postby pheo » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:48 am

I don't know if Brisbane is any worse than any other capital city but I feel like a magnet for bike theft!I had my Giant ATX 870 stolen back in 1998 from Queens Park in the city(D locked) and now my trek from the PAH (cable lock). I'm doing the double with a kryptonite D lock and a basta cable lock now but I still worry!!! I'm really sweating on the RBWH cycle centre to open up.
Does anyone use the one in the city? If so, how is it?
Cheers and commiserations all,
Fiona
Cannondale optimo
Cannondale F3 Feminine Caffeine 2009 -new ride and it's beautiful!
Trek 6700WSD (stolen Aug 2009)

elantra

Postby elantra » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:14 am

I am very sorry to see that there is this sort of serious mischief occuring in such places as PAH, Southbank, and Museum.

I don't know what the solution is but obviously it is not safe to leave a good bike even adequately locked at some of brisbanes more iconic locations. :shock: :x :cry:

Dan

Postby Dan » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:03 am

If it makes you feel any better I had 2 bikes stolen from a locked garage - junkies from next door broke into the garage, cut the lock that chained them to the wall, cut the lock that chained them together, broke garage door getting them both out. Police - not interested. Insurance - not interested.
What can you do?

Pedalhead

Postby Pedalhead » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:48 pm

[quote="diggerdantheman"]If it makes you feel any better I had 2 bikes stolen from a locked garage - junkies from next door broke into the garage, cut the lock that chained them to the wall, cut the lock that chained them together, broke garage door getting them both out. Police - not interested. Insurance - not interested.
What can you do?[/quote]

Give the junkies a hit they'll never forget.

Mustang

Postby Mustang » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:24 pm

Pedalhead wrote:
diggerdantheman wrote:If it makes you feel any better I had 2 bikes stolen from a locked garage - junkies from next door broke into the garage, cut the lock that chained them to the wall, cut the lock that chained them together, broke garage door getting them both out. Police - not interested. Insurance - not interested.
What can you do?[/quote]

Give the junkies a hit they'll never forget.
Also get a new insurance co
Distance Goal 4000km
70 years young.