SALE!

purplegolden

SALE!

Postby purplegolden » Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:41 pm

Hi guys

TBE are having a sale on bikes and clothing (50% off)! Though don't go in there if you don't want to spend (well if you are like me and can't help yourself! :roll:

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:45 pm

Who's TBE ? have you got a link
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

moosterbounce

Postby moosterbounce » Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:30 pm

The bicycle entrepeneur...a local bunch of shops. They have a home page, but site under construction and no web sales.

I may just have to mosey on down...like I need more stuff :oops:

heavymetal
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby heavymetal » Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:56 pm

They never seem to have exactly what I want :shock: or even close to what I want :D

Kev.
There is only one BicycleWA.

europa
Location: southern end of Adelaide - home of hills, fixies and drop bears

Postby europa » Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:01 pm

heavymetal wrote:They never seem to have exactly what I want :shock: or even close to what I want :D

Kev.
For sale, one touring bike. Full carbon fibre frame. Handle bars carefully positioned below your ankles. Support vehicle supplied to carry gear because you can't carry anything on this sodding bike :D

Richard
I had a good bike ... so I fixed it

heavymetal
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby heavymetal » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:59 am

europa wrote:For sale, one touring bike. Full carbon fibre frame. Handle bars carefully positioned below your ankles. Support vehicle supplied to carry gear because you can't carry anything on this sodding bike :D
I think you are correct. I think LBS have redefined the definition of a touring bike. I was at my new LBS (having moved) the other day who advertised that he sold touring bikes.

He'd never heard of Surly, Mongoose Randonneur or Trek 520 :shock: He showed me a touring bike. It was a flat bar road bike with 18 spoke wheels, I suspect carbon fibre forks and no rack mounts. The handlebars were 4 feet below the seat.

I can't repeat here what I said, but I also saw in another store "touring wheels" being sold. These had 24 spokes.

My question being touring on what? The trainer?

I'm still trying to locate some cycling shoes (my feet are cold in sandals), a wired base for my Vetta V100 speedo (the wireless unit shat itself) and some little mirrors that attach to the brake hoods.

Most shops take your phone number to get rid of you and you never hear from them again. Hence forth and forever I no longer go to LBS :shock:

[/end rant]

Kev.
There is only one BicycleWA.

moosterbounce

Postby moosterbounce » Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:04 pm

Made the mistake of going in here on the weekend.

I got 3 pairs of knicks at 50% off. Hubby got 2 jerseys at 50% off but they were out of his knicks unfortunately.

They (the Osborne Park store) had 50% off a few bikes too - like last years Team Cannondale System 6, another cannondale, an argon 18 platinum, and a funky all carbon BH (full dura-ace for $4k it worked out at!!). They had 30% off a bunch of others including Colnago, Giant, Avanti and Sub.

We almost walked out $10k lighter, but stuck to the clothing...it was tough, but probably for the best :cry:

I'll need to remember this and have a list ready for next year :D