Coffee at Hilarys

heavymetal
Super Mod
Super Mod

Coffee at Hilarys

Postby heavymetal » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:26 am

From the Black Cat Award thread
gdl_gdl wrote:Kev - let me know when you're set up and we'll try and arrange the coffee hook up at Hilary's again with Moo and any other interested WA members of this forum.
I'm just about sorted. The bike is back together, I'm just waiting on some shoes. It's a bit chilly riding in sandals. The shoes should be here this week.

I also have to figure out how to get there. I have to forge a safe path from east of Wanneroo (Hocking) to Hillarys.

Also the bike parking spot has to be within view of the coffee location as the bike never leaves my sight in the metro area. I usually take the bike in the coffee shop :shock:

I thought I would post this so that we can see who is interested. I'm planning a tour in about 2 - 3 months, so I'll be fitter after training. I've been off of the bike for awhile. I had the 6 week flu, before that I had to move house and before that I had to pack :cry:

Kev.
There is only one BicycleWA.

uMP2k

Re: Coffee at Hilarys

Postby uMP2k » Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:47 am

heavymetal wrote:From the Black Cat Award thread
gdl_gdl wrote:Kev - let me know when you're set up and we'll try and arrange the coffee hook up at Hilary's again with Moo and any other interested WA members of this forum.
I'm just about sorted. The bike is back together, I'm just waiting on some shoes. It's a bit chilly riding in sandals. The shoes should be here this week.

I also have to figure out how to get there. I have to forge a safe path from east of Wanneroo (Hocking) to Hillarys.

Also the bike parking spot has to be within view of the coffee location as the bike never leaves my sight in the metro area. I usually take the bike in the coffee shop :shock:

I thought I would post this so that we can see who is interested. I'm planning a tour in about 2 - 3 months, so I'll be fitter after training. I've been off of the bike for awhile. I had the 6 week flu, before that I had to move house and before that I had to pack :cry:

Kev.
Coffee on the Northern Beaches sounds great to me - it would be good to meet some other WA forum members at last.

moosterbounce

Postby moosterbounce » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:15 am

I'm up for it too. Last time, there were only 2 interested parties (and Kev's move) so we didn't bother.

I'm the same - my bike needs to be next to me at all times.

Depending on the weather, Spinnakers at Hillarys has some chairs and tables out the front which would be perfect (less perfect in the rain :roll: ) so we should be ok here. I'll even give them a bell and book something to make sure we have outside tables when a date is finalised.

I'm pretty right for any weekend except next Sunday and the second Sunday morning of every month (my Dane club walks - and yes, the dogs do know!!).

uMP2k

Postby uMP2k » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:59 pm

moosterbounce wrote:I'm up for it too. Last time, there were only 2 interested parties (and Kev's move) so we didn't bother.

I'm the same - my bike needs to be next to me at all times.
I certianly like to be able to "eyeball" my bike at all times as well!

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:31 pm

G'day

If I can make it I will be there. Sounds like a good idea.

Andrew

gdl_gdl

Postby gdl_gdl » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:30 am

Thanks for the post Kev,

Saturday is a better day for me as my son plays soccer on a Sunday. However most kick-offs are 8.30am which means I could get to Hilarys by 11 / 11.30am on a Sunday most weeks.

BTW, From Hocking, can you do a straight line to Hilarys if you get to Hepburn Avenue?

Cheers,

Gary

moosterbounce

Postby moosterbounce » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:36 pm

Soooooooo.................is this ever going to happen?! :?

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:52 pm

I believe it was being delayed Moo until more favourable weather.

Andrew

gsxrboy

Postby gsxrboy » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:04 pm

And here I was thinking this was a new thread :P

Pending day and time, I could maybe make it all the way up there !

I think I would have to ride mobike, bit far from down this way to cycle and be able to breathe when I got there. Unless I parked and rode from somewhere.

Kalgrm
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Kalgrm » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:36 am

Going with Hotdog's timing thread, I'm sure you'll schedule it for this weekend while I'm in Wiluna .... :roll:

If it's in a few weeks time, I'll try to be there, but since we have people from all ends of Perth now, I suggest somewhere more central than Hilarys. King's Park perhaps?

Cheers,
Graeme
Think outside the double triangle.
---------------------
Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it ....

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:42 am

Kalgrm wrote:If it's in a few weeks time, I'll try to be there, but since we have people from all ends of Perth now, I suggest somewhere more central than Hilarys. King's Park perhaps?
Why, don't you guys now how to cross the river? :lol:

Is there a bike friendly cafe at Kings Park?

Andrew

Kalgrm
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Kalgrm » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:00 am

Aushiker wrote:Why, don't you guys now how to cross the river? :lol:

Is there a bike friendly cafe at Kings Park?

Andrew
Maybe I'll just organise a rival meeting at Freo on the same day at the same time ..... :twisted: :lol: Christopher, I demand a sub-forum for WA riders from south of the river!

I remember an open air cafe just near the war memorial in Kings Park. Went there with the family a few months ago, but I didn't scope it out for bike friendliness. I might ride by when I get back from the Wiluna Holiday Resort.

Cheers,
Graeme
---------------------

moosterbounce

Postby moosterbounce » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:59 pm

I'd be happy with Kings Park or even South Perth...both can be busy and may not be hugely bike friendly. I'm not too sure as I tend to stay north :wink:

I have a very busy couple of weeks coming up so wanted to ensure I had booked this in - I would hate to miss the momentous event (and the chance to try to convert people to Scott's :lol: )

Although Wiluna sounds good at this time of year...should be green and flowery at the moment. We've not been to the town, but have looked around the area...love that outback :)

Kalgrm
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Kalgrm » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:16 pm

I hope I can make it - whenever it may be!

(The Wiluna Holiday Resort thing was a joke - I'll tell you about the town of Wiluna when I meet you in person. Anything I say here will be taken as racist because this is the internet. There is no PC way of typing about Wiluna's problems, so I'm not going to try .....)
---------------------

moosterbounce

Postby moosterbounce » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:40 pm

Yeah...I know it was a joke...but seriously, the gateway to the desert and the gunbarrel highway isn't it? I fancy that - we have a Kimberly Kamper offroad camper trailer so don't stay in towns too much - self sufficient for about 2 weeks (limited by water and fuel capacity).

Most "interesting" place we ever stayed? Normanton - gulf country FNQ. On the way there, we passed through Lakeland which had just held the rodeo. The roads into and out of town were lined with trophy pigs (yep...the real thing). :shock:

Then in Normanton, the black kites (eagle-ish) are so used to people that they would swoop food from your hand if you weren't careful...and the caravan park was enclosed in barbed wire (to keep the tourists in :wink: )...and 2 of the 3 pubs in town closed on rodeo night with the only one remaining open across the road from the caravan park!!

Needless to say, we didn't stay for rodeo night but packed up and drove for a few hours to a quiet roadside.

The places a person stays in the pursuit of a big barra!! :P Would we return? You betcha if the fish were biting!!