Non clip (normal) pedals

Cranky Jim

Re: Non clip (normal) pedals

Postby Cranky Jim » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:06 am

Cheers Thoglette,

If the seatbelts don't work out I'll follow suit. I am amazed no one in Oz carries them any more.

the dang

Postby the dang » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:36 pm

I bought powergrips off ebay where the seller was located in the US...they arrived within about 7 business days. Unless you have like size 18 feet and plan to ride with snowboarding boots, don't buy the extra long ones. Okay...maybe thats a bit of an exxaggeration but I am a size 10.5US foot and wear old slip on shoes (i.e. not bulky shoes) and I had to trim off the excess on my standard length powergrips cos they scraped the floor when turning. But I just realised that if I need to adjust them to suit bulkier shoes, I cant!! :evil:

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:16 am

A bit late to this thread however I saw a recreational style shoe and pedal solution from mavic which is not a standard clip-in rather uses a magnet.

Have a look at this EZ Ride info on roadcyclinguk.com
Cycling is in my BNA

bigfriendlyvegan

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:14 pm

AUbicycles wrote:A bit late to this thread however I saw a recreational style shoe and pedal solution from mavic which is not a standard clip-in rather uses a magnet.

Have a look at this EZ Ride info on roadcyclinguk.com
Very sweet. And the added bonus is that you can put your foot down at a set of traffic lights and the sensor will trigger!

David

Cranky Jim

Postby Cranky Jim » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:18 pm

My Power Grips arrived during the week and I am reordering for my other bike as well. My big feet and their work boots slip straight into standard grips (no need for the XL) and they work a treat.

I am not a 'serious cyclist'. I am a 'full time cyclist'. My bikes are my principal means of transport, I ride every day and every where and dedicated footwear is just impractical in my case. The Power Grips are the perfect solution and they appeal to me because they are such a simple but effective idea. I am reordering for my other bikes too.

(I got mine from Chain Reaction in the UK with a bunch of other stuff.)

jgreen

Postby jgreen » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:03 pm

i know i'm a bit late, but heres my 2 cents, when practical, if find road sheos and clipless pedals extremely effective, especially when hill climbing, i swap bikes every day, and never cease to feel the difference, and on a couple of occasions i have put flat pedals on the roadie, and the difference is still huge! i vote clipless except for on mtb's :D
Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
Muhammad Ali

Velocite Helios, Avanti Corsa Pro Elite, Kuwahara K-Pro 6000