Getting from Sumner Park to the City on bikepaths

DionM

Getting from Sumner Park to the City on bikepaths

Postby DionM » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:27 pm

Hi BNE bike riders,

I just wanted to confirm something - is it segregated bikeway all the way from Sumners Rd roundabout Sumner Park alongside the Centenary Highway, into the city?

I drop my car off to get serviced nearby to there, and this time rather than taking the bus and train I'm thinking of riding home (to Coorparoo). I will have the chariot in tow with my son so really prefer separated bikeways. Looking at Google earth I think I can see it (its the bitumen bit on the western side of the freeway until you get to the river, when you cross to the eastern side?) but just wanted to check.

Also, from the end of the freeway at Mt Cootha, what's a good way to get to the city? Down to the river and along Coro Dr bikepath?

elantra

Re: Getting from Sumner Park to the City on bikepaths

Postby elantra » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:47 pm

Hello DionM
Yep there is a bikeway, as far as i recall it starts on the west side of HWY at that roundabout you refer to
At the river it goes under the bridge and then continues on the east side of HWY. Small possibility of accidentally going the wrong way here
To Toowong it is OK except there are some road crossings and some narrow bits
At Toowong you must get onto Sylvan Rd but careful you need to cross some side roads which are hazardous if you are not familiar
Sylvan Rd takes you to Coronation drive, either cross to riverside bway at the Regatta hotel/citycat pedestrian lights, or if u turn left just before the Regatta, you might be able to find the tunnel underpass to bway (in Moorlands park just near the southern boundary of Wesley hospital). (bet you can't find it)
Have a good ride !

beauyboy

Re: Getting from Sumner Park to the City on bikepaths

Postby beauyboy » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:37 pm

yep apart from sylvan Rd at toowong it is all offroad bikeway.
I would suggest grabbing a BCC bikeway map booklet before heading off.

Donald
BCC give us some more bikeways fore safe travel!!!!
Upgrade the NCL now QR!!!!!!
http://nakedcyclistbrissy.blogspot.com/
My views do not represent any organisation I may be apart of unless otherwise stated