TdF Stage 9

tuco

TdF Stage 9

Postby tuco » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:41 pm

Woohoo, Image stage 9 starts half an hour earlier tonight.

10:30 rolled around last night and I didn't know what to do to. I was used to staying up late.

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:56 pm

Any updates on the condition of O'Grady & Rogers ?

Even the SBS website has no other details ...

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Re: TdF Stage 9

Postby mikesbytes » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:25 pm

tuco wrote:Woohoo, Image stage 9 starts half an hour earlier tonight.

10:30 rolled around last night and I didn't know what to do to. I was used to staying up late.
I was still watching the tape from the previous night
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

moosterbounce

Postby moosterbounce » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:40 pm

MichaelB wrote:Any updates on the condition of O'Grady & Rogers ?

I've read different things throughout the morning...and mostly on the same site!! Anything from 5 broken ribs to 8 to 9...broken shoulder to broken collarbone and broken shoulderblade. So I'm not sure what is actually wrong with him!! But...he is in a serious but stable condition with wife and brother there for comfort - they are trying not to make him laugh as even clearing his throat hurts like hell.

He was cleared of any spinal damage which is great, but he won't be back for a bit. Glad he looks on the mend though and he sounds positive. If it were me...I'd be pathetic :oops:

sogood

Postby sogood » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:47 pm

O'Grady has a flail chest and it'll take him a while to recover out of it. I think his season has finished for the year.
Bianchi, Ridley, Tern, Montague and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.

tuco

Postby tuco » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:53 pm

moosterbounce wrote:
MichaelB wrote:Any updates on the condition of O'Grady & Rogers ?

I've read different things throughout the morning...and mostly on the same site!! Anything from 5 broken ribs to 8 to 9...broken shoulder to broken collarbone and broken shoulderblade. So I'm not sure what is actually wrong with him!! But...he is in a serious but stable condition with wife and brother there for comfort - they are trying not to make him laugh as even clearing his throat hurts like hell.

He was cleared of any spinal damage which is great, but he won't be back for a bit. Glad he looks on the mend though and he sounds positive. If it were me...I'd be pathetic :oops:
8 breaks in his ribs, that's got to hurt. I had a cracked rib 30 years ago and it still hurts to this day at times. Only missed one game of footy though.

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:09 pm

How did O'Grady fall off?

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:16 pm

mikesbytes wrote:How did O'Grady fall off?
Apparently he had gone back to the the Team Vehicle to get drinks, and was reagaining the peleton when a guy overtaking him knocked him off.

In addition to the fractured ribs, shoulder, punctured lung, he also cracked 3 vertebrae !!!!

Apparently crash happened a bit earlier than the Rogers incident

nimm

Postby nimm » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:15 pm

I fractured 2 ribs just over 5 weeks ago, that was pretty uncomfortable.
I tried going for a ride after about 3 weeks which was OK but then the next day i was really sore. It's OK now although still a little achey.

O'Grady has got some serious mending to do, poor fella :(

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:29 pm

nimm wrote:I fractured 2 ribs just over 5 weeks ago, that was pretty uncomfortable.
I tried going for a ride after about 3 weeks which was OK but then the next day i was really sore. It's OK now although still a little achey.

O'Grady has got some serious mending to do, poor fella :(
OWW. Bet you worked hard to avoid laughing.

Shaun
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

nimm

Postby nimm » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:59 pm

sleeping was the real problem! kept waking up all the time cause i'd move and moving was bad =)

tuco

Postby tuco » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:49 pm

Bugger!

My back is sore and I want to got to bed and rest and tape the race but we're having our roof replaced and the stupid workmen were using the aerial as a coat stand today and now we can't get very good reception of 7, 9 and SBS.
7 and 9 I don't care about but bloody SBS in the middle of the race! I don't recall drowning a kitten!

They're not getting here tomorrow until after I go to work and I suppose they'll be too stupid to fix it so I'll have to get up there and do it myself. We're in a high set house and it's very difficult to get on the roof, even harder with a sore back. Maybe I could delay payment until they sort it out. :twisted:

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:36 pm

hope that labrador had insurance...that wheel don't come cheap!

stryker84

Postby stryker84 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:08 pm

toolonglegs wrote:hope that labrador had insurance...that wheel don't come cheap!
huh, labrador? someone's dog ran into a wheel?

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:01 am

yeah a labrador took out a t mobile rider...the front wheel just collasped.
Come on cadel!...

europa
Location: southern end of Adelaide - home of hills, fixies and drop bears

Postby europa » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:45 am

Some idiot with a labrador OFF LEAD next to the race. There are times when the human race makes me shake my head in wonder.

Cadell had a good race with a mix of aggressive riding and lousy luck. Every year we see a group of pro riders suddenly act like a pack of amateurs and bicker over position rather than work as a group. Bet Cadell had a few second thoughts about letting himself fall back to the yellow jersey group. He's now in fourth, among a group of riders about 2 and a half minutes behind Rasmussen. It's going to get exciting.

Man, what a race. The acceleration and speed up those hills is utterly awesome.

Richard
I had a good bike ... so I fixed it

sogood

Postby sogood » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:31 am

It was a French labrador. :shock:
Bianchi, Ridley, Tern, Montague and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.

tuco

Postby tuco » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:02 am

tuco wrote:Bugger!

My back is sore and I want to got to bed and rest and tape the race but we're having our roof replaced and the stupid workmen were using the aerial as a coat stand today and now we can't get very good reception of 7, 9 and SBS.
7 and 9 I don't care about but bloody SBS in the middle of the race! I don't recall drowning a kitten!

They're not getting here tomorrow until after I go to work and I suppose they'll be too stupid to fix it so I'll have to get up there and do it myself. We're in a high set house and it's very difficult to get on the roof, even harder with a sore back. Maybe I could delay payment until they sort it out. :twisted:
Great, wake up today to a non working hot water service then had to watch a snowy picture of the taped race. I love the scenery in this part of the world and I couldn't see it. I suppose the snowy picture suited the high altitudes. :lol:

I was just looking through the list of all the current riders and realised why we never hear about 90% of them, as good as Phil and Paul are at these foreign words their probably can't pronounce their names.

Was anyone else scared when Rogers pulled up to exit the race? At first I thought he was going to ride over the edge then he stopped centimetres from the edge and was very slow to unclip and I could picture him falling over to the right and down the hill. Course he's a professional and had it all under control!

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:33 am

I think Cadel is sitting in a nice spot,I think it was a good idea to sit up.I can't believe the way that the discvery boys were swapping off and the way the chasers were stuffing around that they came back together!,I thought those two were long gone.Bring on the ITT!.

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:28 am

europa wrote:
Man, what a race. The acceleration and speed up those hills is utterly awesome.

Richard
That is the understatement of the year !!!

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:36 am

After seeing all this hill climbing, I'll have to come and do the 3 gorges with you toolonglegs