Internat Purchases

sogood

Postby sogood » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:50 am

Done numerous PBK and other over the net purchases from the US and Hong Kong. Knock on wood and never have had a problem. The speed of PBK orders are amazing, especially compared to the slow coach from the US. The US is generally more expensive as far as P&H is concerned (typically US$25 and up), but occasionally you get a very reasonable seller who charges under US$6-8 for regular small volume items.
Bianchi, Ridley, Tern, Montague and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.

thomas_cho

Postby thomas_cho » Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:50 pm

I used to have very good delivery times from PBK. However, I recently placed an order 5 July, nothing till now.

Could it be an ACT thing? Never had a problem when I was in Sydney, delivery was frequently 5 workings from the time I receive a dispatch confirmation.

I have tried Totalcycling, Chainreactioncycles as well .... of the three, my worst experience was with totalcycling. Charged my card upfront, did not bother to tell me my order was held up because of an unavailable item. In the end it was 5 weeks before I got my stuff, and there was something missing ....

Chainreaction are fast as well ... 5 days from the time of order. Will have to chase up on my order from PBK.

europa
Location: southern end of Adelaide - home of hills, fixies and drop bears

Postby europa » Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:24 pm

Welcome to the madhouse Thomas.

Thanks for the reassurance about Chainreaction, I'm currently waiting for a saddle from them - it's been long enough to start watching for the big white van in the driveway but not long enough to feel concerned :roll:
And yes, they told me there was a delay getting the saddle and told me when it had arrived in stock and had been despatched - didn't think to look at when it had been charged to my card.

Richard
I had a good bike ... so I fixed it

Parrott

Postby Parrott » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:23 pm

Parrott wrote:I hopefully have some stuff coming from trisports in america :roll: . It says 3-6 weeks on std airmail :shock: and they ain't joking. 3 weeks later still nothing.
Got my order today :) . Would use trisports again, if PBK don't have what I need. Better price, lower postage and faster delivery with PBK. However Trisports delivered on their advertised schedule so no complaints.

thm

Postby thm » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:54 pm

Aushiker wrote: Oh also tried Amazon for something ... they came back couldn't ship the item to Australia. Again at least got communication. That said I do find shipping from Amazon tends to be slow.
One of the books I got from Amazon arrived in the mail today. It had a expected delivery date of early August. So well happy about that. But another package of books which was dispatched earlier and is meant to arrive this week isn't here yet. A bit perplexed by that. How can something dispatched later arrive before the other package? :shock:

Hopefully it arrives pretty soon. Otherwise I will have to assume my neighbour nicked it. The AusPost guy who delivers stuff to my address is shocking. He often delivers packages to my neighbour who is a pr&$k and opens it. If it doesn't have you name and address on the package, it's not for you. :evil:

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:11 pm

G'day

Received my second order from PhantomCycles yesterday. Once again excellent service and reasonable prices. Can recommend them.

Regards
Andrew