Pinarello Galileo
No votes
Colnago Arte
50%

Total votes: 2
PhatG

Another which bike Q - Cervelo/Pinarello/Colnago

Postby PhatG » Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:23 pm

My first post so please be kind, we have been here before...I have narrowed my bike choices to the following:

1. Cervelo Soloist
2. Pinarello Galileo
3. Colnago Arte

I have tested too many & now ready to bite the bullet. Sure the Treks/Giants are great bang for bucks - but these make me want to ride.

All the above will be running Ultegra, for once my local LBS has my size & colour choice! & the $$$ are about the same.

I have 3 years before 40! Wanna look good.

What I would like to here is:
1. Real world experience
2. Pro(s) & Con(s)
3. If you got one, would you now have gotten the other?
4. If you have had all 3 or 2 of the above, which one get's more sadle time

Thank you in advance for taking the time

PhatG

Postby PhatG » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:29 am

Am I on the wrongf forum?

28 views & no feedback? Either via a poll or response?

europa
Location: southern end of Adelaide - home of hills, fixies and drop bears

Postby europa » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:33 am

I nearly posted straight away Phat, but I know nothing about those bikes and it would have been a frivolous post. Like you, I thought there'd be someone out there with some sort of opinion on them - there are bods on this forum into that style of bike. Maybe you were a tad specific in your request (perhaps you need open the discussion to arm chair warriors, blind predjudice and utter tosh as well).

Personally, I'd go for the Colnago ... because I've been around since Lance Armstrong got his first trike and I've always liked watching Colnago bikes win races :D

Miko

Postby Miko » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:17 am

I would go for the Cervelo among the three, purely because for the looks.

I currently have a Trek 5200 road bike and a Felt time trial bike. The Trek is now 8 years old and feels like new. The parts they put in are of high quality and the Rolf wheels that came with the bike are still in excellent condition after 30,000km +. My next bike purchase (which wont't be for awhile) will probably be a Trek Madone. But if I had to get a new time trial bike, I would get a Cervelo P3.

I am not fan of Colnago. Their carbon fibre frames only have a 1 year warranty, while Trek has a lifetime warranty. In my view, Colnago does not look as good as the Cervelo.

LuckyPierre

Postby LuckyPierre » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:54 pm

I like the look of the Cervelo, but it's a bit more than I can afford - so I've been careful not to try one :cry:. There are a couple of them in my club and they both passed me in my last event (albeit their riders are graded higher than me and have been riding for years, not months).
At this price point, you might be able to jump across to Leggera and support a local company? See http://www.leggerabikes.com. Or, you might look at a custom built Teschner (same URL).
Last edited by LuckyPierre on Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

heavymetal
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby heavymetal » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:14 pm

I didn't post either because I know nothing about them.

And my usual excuse - I only know touring bikes :D

PhatG

Update

Postby PhatG » Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:01 pm

So after all that - i got none of the above!

But I did get a Cinelli Mecano with Ultegra Group Set, Wheel-set, & pedals - I had over stretched the budget so no Camp Record or Dura-ace (which normally comes with the bike). But as everyone says, get the best frame with the best fit.

Picking up the Bella this afternoon!

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:34 pm

- Correct frame size for body shape
- Absorbs road vibrations reducing rider fatuge
- Correct setup for rider to maximise power delivery, minimise aerodynamics, minimise rider fatigue and maximise handling. All a bit condictory.
- Efficient power delivery from the legs thru to the road. Ie good shoes/pedals, stiff cranks, stiff bottom bracket, laterally stiff rear end to the frame, stiff rear wheel with cross spokes, ie no radail drive spokes like Shimano 550/560 wheels.
- Light weight for blink factor, or more realisticly a membership to jenny craig.
- Bomb proof
- Training routine

It all boils down to personal choice.

Enjoy
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?