Off road trails around Adelaide.

europa
Location: southern end of Adelaide - home of hills, fixies and drop bears

Off road trails around Adelaide.

Postby europa » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:19 pm

Now that I've got good tyres on the Mauve Monster, and the lad has an mtb, I'd like to do that dirt track rambling that I bought the bike for.

Day trips only, or half days.
Dirt for the MM, though any suggested rides for the Black Beast would be appreciated too.
I don't mind a bit of mtb work, but I'm not out there to climb cliff faces or fall down waterfalls, nor is the pleasure in surviving the experience but rather in the ride itself (in other words - intermediate rides).

Thanks
Richard
I had a good bike ... so I fixed it

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:11 pm

There is a bit of a dirt track that runs between the Veloway and South Rd going up from darlington ?

europa

Postby europa » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:48 pm

You mean the Sturt Triangle? Not much riding in there and I've done it all on my road bikes. It's a great area for riding with kids though, especially with the lake in the middle (you can drown the little monsters :twisted: ). Take your lass down there one day with her bike a bag of bread.

If you mean up the gully alongside the expressway, that's up a flamin' great big MOUNTAIN :shock: Actually, there are a lot of dirt tracks through that area but it's all very steep. If I was a youngun (say ... less than 40), that'd be a very interesting area to look at.

I'm after peace and quiet and nice scenery and cruising along listening to the birds and the tyres squelching in the mud and attractive waitresses in the cafe and ... Shepherds Hill Rec Park without all the steep bits and a lot longer (you hit the steep bits within a couple of km in there).

Richard

heavymetal
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby heavymetal » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:36 pm

I just consulted my maps. There is a good dirt track that follows the entire railway line across the Nullarbor Plain :D :shock:

Kev
There is only one BicycleWA.

europa

Postby europa » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:42 pm

Hmm, I'm reminded of a Wizard of Id cartoon.
The king tells Sir Rodney that the soldiers are fat and unfit. "Take them for a 20 mile run every day for a month," says the king.
"Then what?" says Rodney.
"Turn around and come back."

Richard

heavymetal
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby heavymetal » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:33 pm

europa wrote:Hmm, I'm reminded of a Wizard of Id cartoon.
The king tells Sir Rodney that the soldiers are fat and unfit. "Take them for a 20 mile run every day for a month," says the king.
"Then what?" says Rodney.
"Turn around and come back."

Richard
Why were the soldiers so very tired on the 1st of April?

Because they had just had 31 days of march :roll:

Kev.
There is only one BicycleWA.