From the rumor mill: Mauricio Soler tested positive

Aushiker

From the rumor mill: Mauricio Soler tested positive

Postby Aushiker » Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:23 pm

So far it is unconfirmed, but allegedly there's a new doping case: Mauricio Soler (Barloworld), current holder of the polka-dot jersey and winner of Stage 9 in Briançon, is said to have tested positive for an unknown substance after Stage 14. There is a ASO press conference scheduled for 11am CEST (2am PDT). The original claim seemed to have come from the Belgian newspaper "Het Laatste Neuws". Eurosport.com, Eurosport.de (translated) and radsportnews.net (translated) have already picked up the story.
Source: http://pommerenk.blogspot.com/

Regards
Andrew

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:29 pm

europa
Location: southern end of Adelaide - home of hills, fixies and drop bears

Postby europa » Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:32 pm

The link's not working Andrew

edit - it looks like it's cyclingpost.com that's not working, so your link's probably okay.

Richard
I had a good bike ... so I fixed it

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:33 pm

Sorry Richard. I can get it to work, so not sure what the problem is. Anyway here it is:
ANGOULÊME, Jul 27 (CP) - Colombian Juan Mauricio Soler may be the next rider involved in a doping scandal. Danish media report that the Barloworld rider tested positive after stage fourteen.

Soler, currently the leader in the mountains classification, finished third in that stage. Alberto Contador and Michael Rasmussen came in first and second respectively.

Danish news source BT reports that police are currently raiding Barloworld's Hotel, and a press conference is scheduled for 11am on Saturday.
Andrew

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:36 pm

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:39 pm

"Tested positive to an unknown substance" ??

I hope Cadels been off the Vegemite :wink:

Shaun
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

moosterbounce

Postby moosterbounce » Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:40 pm

Just to restore everyone's confidence in what has been a magnificent performance for one so young in his first Tour...
CyclingNews.com
The 2007 Tour de France was ripe with a new rumour starting Friday afternoon and running late into the evening that there could be another rider announced positive for a doping control. The rider was rumoured to be stage nine winner and mountains classification leader Mauricio Soler of Barloworld, however, Tour Director Christian Prudhomme clarified that there was no reported case of doping.

"We spoke with the commissionaire of the UCI and they said there was no case," Prudhomme said in a press conference Saturday morning in Cognac.

One Belgian website had reported that the Colombian had already tested positive, and Prudhomme was concerned about the speculation that took place the day before, and reminded the gathered press to base its work on facts. "Please be careful. Pay attention to the real facts."

The speculation was further fuelled by reports of police cars at the Barloworld hotel on Friday night. "Some journalist saw an Ag2r Prévoyance team car and thought it was a police car," confirmed Prudhomme. "There was not any police at the hotel."

sogood

Postby sogood » Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:16 pm

Came to nothing...
Bianchi, Ridley, Tern, Montague and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.