Cadence

colafreak

Cadence

Postby colafreak » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:09 am

I'm noticing significant fatigue in my legs.

I don't know if it's lactic acid (it doesn't feel like the traditional "burn") and I don't think I've done anywhere NEAR enough to be overtraining.

But what's happening is that I'm finding I'm needing to be spinning at up to 110 rpm to keep my speed up. Any lower and my legs kill me and my speed drops off as a result.

Anyone have any ideas about what may be happening?

Alex Simmons/RST
Expert

Postby Alex Simmons/RST » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:40 pm

Really there is not enough info to make a sound call on what specifically it might be.

Just sounds like you need some rest.

Aushiker

Re: Cadence

Postby Aushiker » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:52 am

G'day

I just came across this article(thanks to velopilot) which may or may not be of interest.

Regards
Andrew

Wayfarer

Postby Wayfarer » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:03 pm

hows your hydration?
What are these salesmen peddling?

colafreak

Postby colafreak » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:54 am

Sufficient to excessive.
Please pardon my ignorableness

puffdaddy

Postby puffdaddy » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:45 pm

Can you tell us a little more,,How long you have been riding,Riding distance carb and fluid intake etc,Interesting I have been riding the last three weeks without enough recovery time during which my cadence has gone from 88-92 to 90-110 ,It now feels I am lugging at 90,This could indicate muscle fatigue "Maybe obvious" however my overall speed is still ok,down a little on the hills but a gel appears to sort that,My fluid and carb intake has gone up,On the big positive my cardio has improved "I use a h/rate monitor" The same may be happening in your case even when you feel ok you may still have not recovered 100 % ,I personally want to stay with the higher cadence but do some more strength training to go with it,3 days ago I managed 73 km at 178 rpm"Best ever" on the spin trainer so even though raw strength is down a little I still feel happy with the net results,There are some very good riders in this forum that will give you much better feedback/advice :) ,,
Mike ,,,from NZ,,funny that :P
When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.
Bike 2011 Scott ,,all good
Genius 27 sp flat bar ,modified with aerobars etc a strange beast but love it ,,kicks ass