Bike shop selling Trelock D locks in Perth?

chriscmuir

Bike shop selling Trelock D locks in Perth?

Postby chriscmuir » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:55 pm

Hi gang

I was hoping somebody local to Perth could help me please.

Recently Bicycle Victoria rated the Trelock BS400 as a reliable D lock to purchase. I'd like to get one from a Perth store (or alternatively online) but haven't been yet able to find a bike store stocking them (and my Google searches have come up blank).

Has anybody seen them in Perth or have any pointers to picking one of these up please?

Thanks & regards,

CM.

moosterbounce

Postby moosterbounce » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:18 pm

I was in the Bicycle Entrepeneur in Ossie Park last week and that had lots of locks. Not sure on the brands they carried, but I was amazed at their selection. Maybe I've just been sticking to smaller shops, but it seemed a lot to me. May be worth giving them a bell. Not sure if all stores stock the same (I know Bike Force is a franchise - all stores sell a lot of the same stuff, but each store tends to have specific brands too).

Good luck in your quest Chris.

europa
Location: southern end of Adelaide - home of hills, fixies and drop bears

Postby europa » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:29 pm

You should ride a steel framed bike - that way, you can weld it to whatever fence you lean it against without needing U locks :roll:

Richard

warning: some aspects of this advice may not be strictly practical :roll:
Last edited by europa on Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
I had a good bike ... so I fixed it

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:54 pm

G'day

From the Trelock website,
Please contact TRELOCK directly for details of specific distributors at info@trelock.de.
You might want to do that to see who the Australian distributor is and then contact them for retailer details.

Regards
Andrew

chriscmuir

Thanks

Postby chriscmuir » Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:48 am

Thanks for your comments. I hadn't seen the mailto address on the Trelock website, so I'll give them a go, and also head over to Ossie Park.

Cheers,

CM.

Matty

Postby Matty » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:14 am

Not sure if you're dead set on the Trelock but if you can't find one you might consider an OnGuard Lock. When I was doing my research it was quite highly regarded and at a decent price too. Most of the stuff I read said it was as good as Kryptonite Locks (except for their New York series) at a decent price.

OnGuard Website

You can get them from a number of online stores or in local bike shops.

Aushiker

Re: Thanks

Postby Aushiker » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:34 am

chriscmuir wrote:Thanks for your comments. I hadn't seen the mailto address on the Trelock website, so I'll give them a go, and also head over to Ossie Park. CM.
I was in TBE Osborne Park yesterday and didn't see this brand there. Just Tioga D-Locks IIRC.

Andrew

chriscmuir

Thanks

Postby chriscmuir » Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:39 pm

Hey gang

FYI I managed to track down an Asus Sinero D-Lock on ebay. The Sinero was the 2nd best D-lock rated by Bicycle Victoria. For the record Inner City Cycles in Sydney delivered within 1.5 business days to Perth, so great service.

The lock is pretty d@mn solid, you can tell the engineering quality in it, and I can see why BV had to use power tools on it to try and break it.

Thanks to all for your help in looking for a D-lock, I do appreciate it. I can sleep a little more soundly knowing my bike is just that tad safer :)

Thanks & regards,

CM.