Team Discovery to Cease Operations?

senator52

Postby senator52 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:48 pm

I heard some of the footballers talking bout this last season. Some of the older guys from the 80's or so talking bout their use of caffeine. They started using it for a while but i think most moved away from it eventually. Seems they always played a brilliant, pyscho first half and absolutely hit the wall in the second half and were useless. The were saying how they just used to eat it straight, or make it into a paste and take huge quantities of the stuff, interesting to listen to.

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:31 pm

From what I understand you need a lot of caffeine to get the effect,more than a coffee or 10 cokes (the sugar is the hit) but if it works for you it has its maximum affect about an hour after consumption and most of the effects are gone at the 2 hour mark...

stryker84

Postby stryker84 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:58 pm

really, it's not good for you anyway, buzzing yourself up like that. the small buzz you get from the caffeine in coffe and coke is okay, even enjoyable, but no-doz and the like while does help you excel in the short term is just nasty top your body longer term.

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:30 pm

...it is the quick route to stomach ulcers...better go training!...