Le Tour de Norfy

Baldy

Le Tour de Norfy

Postby Baldy » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:26 pm

Anyone entering this ? http://www.claremontrotary.org.au/

It was canceled late last month due to weather[same day as the Launny--Norfik]

I had planned to do the short route on my hardtail but now ive got the road bike I might do the medium route[2laps of the short=76km's]. Im not sure I could keep up with the types who will be doing the long route[106km's] Considering ive ridden the roadbike 3 times for a total km's under that distance :lol: I could most likely make the distance solo its just that ive never ridden in a bunch or even a small group so not sure I want to learn on a long ride like that :oops:

Anyway, just thought I'd ask, its a good cause of course and is supposed to be a good family oriented day out.

Cheers
Baldy

RobRollin

Re: Le Tour de Norfy

Postby RobRollin » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:58 pm

I'll be headed out for the 76ks I think. Might have a crack at the ton, but I know the route is fairly tough.

Baldy

Postby Baldy » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:49 am

Yeah a bit too tough for me just yet and thats just the road I know, I think ive been down through Ellendale once years ago but cant remember what the road is like. But I know the way to Medowbank and the Bronte chain pretty well and I know that is just hilly enough to be a challenge but more importantly parts of it are pretty windswept.

At least the short route should be pretty easy going, bushy park down the western side of the river to Norfick should be an easy run huh? In terms of hills and being sheltered anyway, Ive never ridden it but I dont think theres much of a verge/shoulder like on the other side of the river, so the traffic might be annoying/scary :oops:

I might even try and get up there and ride it beforehand, do one lap and see how I feel....even 1 might be enough for me, I havnt done much real road riding just mostly bumming around town on the bike track ect :)

It would be cool if we could get a few BNA'ers up for a ride

cheers
Baldy

RobRollin

Postby RobRollin » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:30 am

I will be keen I reckon I might be able to get a couple more riders involved.

Baldy

Postby Baldy » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:08 pm

Just a reminder for anyone who might be interested.[its this sunday, 25th Oct]

Im looking forward to it, a nice easy pace with maybe a bag of hot chips at the halfway point :lol:

I havnt got around to a ride up there yet, I did claremont---kingston return on sunday and that was the first time ive been out of the city/suburbs on the road bike and first time ive ridden bonnet hill. And allthough its only tiny/short the descents were fun. It was my first ride with road shoes and pedals as well and I can see what everyone was talking about now 8)

I dont have any sponsors, just my awesomely rugged good looks and charm :mrgreen: .....back in reality I'll be there to donate my 30bucks and go for a ride :D

cheers
Baldy

LG

Postby LG » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:49 pm

Working this weekend unfortunately :evil: . But have a great time and I hope the wind holds off for the day. Are you looking at the 106km Bike Tas big ride on 15th Nov? I'm hoping to do it as a first century ride.
LG = Low Gear

Baldy

Postby Baldy » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:55 pm

Gday LG,

I just looked that one up, that route would be a great ride....hmmmm

Maybe, it would still be a stretch right now....its an extra 30km or so more than my longest ride so far.

Will have to see how im traveling closer to the date and decide then.

With the forcast for this sunday[13, showers/mtn snow , southerly wind] I might be a wuss and just do the short route, they have had bad luck with the weather. Hopefully its just cold and not too wet :|

cheers
Baldy