Etape

toolonglegs

Etape

Postby toolonglegs » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:22 pm

SO I reckon that stage 17 of the 2010TDF will be the Etape du TOur next year....anyone coming?.
http://www.letour.com/2010/TDF/COURSE/f ... etape.html
Tougher than this years one for sure...maybe to tough for me,but shouldn't be as over subscribed as this years Ventoux stage...doesn't really fit into next years race plan for me...but it will be Epic.

Parrott

Re: Etape

Postby Parrott » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:13 pm

Looks pretty hard, I would love to have a bash but don't think my wife will let me sell the house to finance it. :lol:

No hills where I am let alone mountains, be interesting to see how hard it is. Going down to Melb for Christmas and taking the bike, will try to have a go at Mt Donna Buang while I'm down there. Family committments permitting.

Astounding to remeber this is only 1 stage of 20 odd in the tour :shock:

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:52 pm

I think about 3800-4000m of climbing...this years Ventoux Etape was 3500m.I think I will enter again...it is pretty cheap "in country" and then see how I feel 6 months after putting in my entry.Probably won't be as hard to get into as this years.I will only do it if I am 10-15% lighter than when I did this years :D .

Parrott

Postby Parrott » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:12 pm

Have to do mt donna buang 4 times to match that :oops:

lukas

Postby lukas » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:24 pm

I'm in.

Toolong, how much do the French pay for entry over there? Bikestyle tours are the only peeps in Australia offering entries (unless I'm mistaken), and they are AUD 450! I've 'reserved' my spot with them, but haven't actually paid anything yet.

I'm going to be over there holidaying with my girlfriend, and I've negotiated terms of 1 weeks worth of cycling in the Alps and Pyrenees 8)

I've done the Tourmalet from St Marie de Campan before.. descended the way it'll be climbed next year. It seemed that the side from Luz is a bit more consistantly steep, but a bit shorter. To have to climb that after the Marie Blanque and Soulour!! It's going to brutal. :twisted:
Cervelo R3
Canyon Ultimate AL

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:20 pm

Costs me 60euros...Aud$97.But I can't get a confirmed place.I have to enter a lottery which is means filling out an entry form from the Jan Velo mag.This year I was lucky to get in...next year I don't think will be as popular.

lukas

Postby lukas » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:33 pm

toolonglegs wrote:Costs me 60euros...Aud$97.But I can't get a confirmed place.I have to enter a lottery which is means filling out an entry form from the Jan Velo mag.This year I was lucky to get in...next year I don't think will be as popular.
Wow.. much cheaper.

I guess I don't have much choice, and it's not the sort of ride you do every weekend. The $450 will be the furthest thing from my mind when I'm wrestling my bike up the tourmalet. :oops:
Cervelo R3
Canyon Ultimate AL

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:56 pm

My mate that visited during this years tour booked with bikestyle...no problems apart from a 8000 starting number.They sell out quick because a lot of Brits buy their entries in Oz.

lukas

Postby lukas » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:34 pm

I just got an email back from bikestyle confirming my place. :D

I don't have to pay anything for a while though.
Cervelo R3
Canyon Ultimate AL

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:43 pm

Cool....might be able to catch up.I will not do next years without losing a tonne of weight!.
You will need a doctor's certificate also I think.