UCI wheel regulations

Alex Simmons/RST
Expert

Re: UCI wheel regulations

Postby Alex Simmons/RST » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:33 am

fredown wrote:Apparently the restrictions were not enforced at the Grafton to Inverell last weekend.

The fourth placed rider (and last year's winner) David Pell is reported as using Boumeester's unapproved 88mm deep carbon wheel.

So huffing and puffing form CA but no action - all they have achieved is increased uncertainty as to what can be used.
Did anyone point this out to the Chief Comm or lodge a protest?

The comms are not going to look at every wheel in a race but they will take action as necessary where an infringement is pointed out and can be substantiated.

MattS77

Postby MattS77 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:44 pm

Sorry to drag up a dead topic but does anyone know if this rule is being enforced at a club racing level? Reason I'm asking is that I have someone offering to sell me some Flashpoint FP40s for a bargain but they're not on the list and I want to start racing this summer. Any help is appreciated.

Alex Simmons/RST
Expert

Postby Alex Simmons/RST » Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:29 pm

MattS77 wrote:Sorry to drag up a dead topic but does anyone know if this rule is being enforced at a club racing level? Reason I'm asking is that I have someone offering to sell me some Flashpoint FP40s for a bargain but they're not on the list and I want to start racing this summer. Any help is appreciated.
The regs are on CA's website. If you want to know what your club will allow in club races, then you'll have to ask them.
http://www.cycling.org.au/?page=34391&format=

DanielS

Postby DanielS » Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:37 am

A friend of mine emailed Flashpoint and apparently they have been tested (and passed) but just haven't been added to the list yet. I believe he was advised to print the email and bring it to races in case he gets any trouble!

FWIW, the rule hasn't been actively enforced in SA.

Yongkun

Postby Yongkun » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:14 am

I am thinking of removing the decals of my wheels, without the decals will they be identifiable? am using a Token 50mm.

Ross

Postby Ross » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:33 am

Hasn't been enforced in ACT though there has been helmet inspections.

toppity

Postby toppity » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:19 am

Yongkun wrote:I am thinking of removing the decals of my wheels, without the decals will they be identifiable? am using a Token 50mm.
already done this myself. If anyone asks they are Matrix T60's which are on the approved list. :twisted: no one has ever asked me about anything yet though. The only thing I've ever seen anyone warned about is racing in a top with no sleeves, and he was still allowed to race that day.
I ride several bicycles, but not at once.

Parrott

UCI wheel regulations

Postby Parrott » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:11 pm

Yongkun wrote:I am thinking of removing the decals of my wheels, without the decals will they be identifiable? am using a Token 50mm.
50mm Tokens are already on the
uci list

Yongkun

Postby Yongkun » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:39 pm

toppity wrote:
already done this myself. If anyone asks they are Matrix T60's which are on the approved list. :twisted: no one has ever asked me about anything yet though. The only thing I've ever seen anyone warned about is racing in a top with no sleeves, and he was still allowed to race that day.
nice, time to de-decal my wheels :D

Parrott

UCI wheel regulations

Postby Parrott » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:00 pm

Yongkun wrote:nice, time to de-decal my wheels :D
Why?

Yongkun

Postby Yongkun » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:16 pm

going for the stealth looks, just like why people changes their handletape color or pasting decals all over their bike!

Parrott

UCI wheel regulations

Postby Parrott » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:30 pm

Fair enough did the same with some of my shimano wheels. Look better without all the silver stickers everywhere.