Bib Short ot Short?

Zujan

Bib Short ot Short?

Postby Zujan » Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:17 pm

Hi everyone!
I’m looking for new bicycling short or bib short? As I never used bib shorts before I want to know what do you prefer in between those two and why?
I’m looking for Descente Optima either bibs or shorts? Anyone having one of those?Any other recommendations?

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:29 pm

Bib Knicks for me...no question,comfy and they stay in place...plus no showing off your lower back to all around,unless you want to of course although I do like them very low cut at the front so i can pee over the top and not down and out the leg...

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:18 pm

Most people prefer bib-shorts, some prefer shorts, some don't care.

For many, the elastic of the shorts digs in, so for them the best option is bib-shorts.

I have a large upper body and a slim waist, so the bib's are too small where the elastic of the shorts doesn't dig in.
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

LuckyPierre

Postby LuckyPierre » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:53 pm

I prefer bib knicks - the Descente's are probably three times as much as any I have. I use the Supremo Ghia from Uno (the ones with the multi-dimensional orange chamois). The guy at the bottom of the linked page is wearing them. I think that they are unbeatable value - I just wish that the legs were a bit shorter.
Litespeed Classic - 3Al/2.5V titanium tube set, Record 9-speed groupset, Open Corsa Evo CX
Alchemy Diablo - Columbus Zonal tubing, Ultegra 9-speed groupset, UltraGatorskins
Gitane Rocks T1 - U6 tubing, Deore/XT groupset, CrossMarks

bigbuzz73

Postby bigbuzz73 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:42 pm

Bibknicks are a bit like black women...... "Once you've had black, you will never go back"!
Everyone that buys bibs from where I work love them and never come back to buy shorts. Unless you are unusually large in the upper body you will be happy.
Wayne

Wanta-bike

Postby Wanta-bike » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:49 pm

i'd have to agree with the genereal concensus here: bibs all the way! had a pair of netti shorts - they were utter crap! got me bib style shorts made by santini - BLOODY AWESOME! so much more comfy and keeps ur lower back a bit more warmer too!

go out and buy the bibs!

timbo

Postby timbo » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:29 am

I have one pair of bib shorts which I mainly wear during the cooler months to keep the body warmer and while they are extremely comfy while riding, they pull a bit on the shoulders when I'm upright and walking around (its the cut designed to be comfortable when riding with drop bars). For general riding around, shorts seem to just fine. The double layer of bib shorts and jersey may provide a little more crash protection to the body against gravel rash should the worst happen, but that's something we don't plan for.

bigbuzz73

Postby bigbuzz73 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:44 pm

I forgot to mention the BIGGEST advantage of bibknicks..........
When your teenage daughter has her friends over there is nothing funnier than walking into the lounge room wearing nothing but bibknicks! The "Borat" look embarrasses the hell out of the kids!
Revenge is sooooooooo sweet :twisted: Hehehe
Wayne

Wanta-bike

Postby Wanta-bike » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:54 pm

bigbuzz73 wrote:I forgot to mention the BIGGEST advantage of bibknicks..........
When your teenage daughter has her friends over there is nothing funnier than walking into the lounge room wearing nothing but bibknicks! The "Borat" look embarrasses the hell out of the kids!
Wayne
LOL !!!! :lol:

i too can attest to that! i walked outta me bedroom and into the lounge and stood with a stoopid ass grin, two thumbs up and said, "IS NICE!" ....am planning on breakin it out when me sister has her 21st birthday.... :wink: :lol:

triode12

Postby triode12 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:14 am

Wanta-bike wrote:i'd have to agree with the genereal concensus here: bibs all the way! had a pair of netti shorts - they were utter crap! got me bib style shorts made by santini - BLOODY AWESOME! so much more comfy and keeps ur lower back a bit more warmer too!

go out and buy the bibs!
Yes, I concur, Netti shorts are crap. Mine aren't even 20 rides old and they are starting to stretch out and become loose.

The Pearl Izumi shorts I have though are great. Twice the price of the Netti's (bought them cheap overseas) but waaay nicer and tougher.
Last edited by triode12 on Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

triode12

Postby triode12 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:17 am

bigbuzz73 wrote:I forgot to mention the BIGGEST advantage of bibknicks..........
Wayne
ha ha, the same reason why my wife won't allow me to own a pair of bib knicks.

tallywhacker

Postby tallywhacker » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:39 am

just make sure they are black

bigbuzz73

Postby bigbuzz73 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:07 pm

tallywhacker wrote:just make sure they are black

I don't know about the rest of you, but I think those guys look WAY too 'happy' :shock:
I think this pic would make a great "What are they saying"? topic. I'll start.......
Guy on the left..... (add Polish accent) "Hey Vladamir, iz you sure Boris said is better we carry our Salami HERE"?
Wayne

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:16 pm

Guys, stop looking at the podium girls
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

Wanta-bike

Postby Wanta-bike » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:05 pm

triode12 wrote:Yes, I concur, Netti shorts are crap. Mine aren't even 20 rides old and they are starting to stretch out and become loose.
i rekon i havent even cracked double figures in the number of times i've riden in those stoopid netti's!

got thru about 2 or 3 weekends, then went, nup - these are crap! so ended up buyin a pair of the santini's for a good 2.5 times then price of the netti's!

tho havin said that, netti jerseys i hav no qualms with

Zujan

Postby Zujan » Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:55 pm

As I’m 196 tall, I’m scared, if I opt for a bibs, they are going to be, kind of a stretched!