Race of Truth

RobRollin

Race of Truth

Postby RobRollin » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:29 am

I have 2 hours until the race of truth. Just myself against the clock over 14ks. Or 20ks depends which event I enter.

I am ready to go. No real race plan, just to stay within 80-85% of my maximum and average of 34-36kmh. The course is undulating on rough road which makes it harder in the saddle.

RC

RobRollin

Re: Race of Truth

Postby RobRollin » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:03 pm

Well the series is now over.

I rode the course as a warm up and we would be riding into a headwind. Which would make a few of the undulations a little tough. So my plan was to stay within 180bpm on the way out and then put the hammer down on the way back.

I was the second out of the block. I caught the first rider within 2kms, bridging a 30 second gap. I lost a few seconds deciding if I should overtake. Going up the undulations riding into the wind was tough but once I found a rhythm I was riding well. Once we got the flat I felt I was riding really well. At the turn, that's critical you can lose seconds trying to get around. I was out of the saddle and got back to speed.

On the return I passed riders still headed out, I tucked low and hammered the pedals, well I concentrated on technique. The undulations on the way back I wanted to keep a steady pace and try and put a few seconds into the riders behind so I span at tempo.

Within the last 3kms I put it all on the line, the legs had started to hurt a little but every seconds counts hitting 48kms on the flat. I crossed the line.

When I race the series next year or there is a 20kms TT coming up in early Dec I want to get a pair of clip on aerobars. being aero matters.

Time: 24mins 21 seconds.
Distance: 14ks
Avg Speed 33.94kmh
Max Speed 48.57kmh
Avg Heart Rate 167
Max Heart Rate 185
Cadence 96
Calories 785
Ascent 92 meters
Watts 311 watts.

I came third today. And Third in the TT series on points. I am happy with my performance today.

Kev365428

Postby Kev365428 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:48 pm

Well done Rob.

It really is the hardest race IMHO.

Kev.

Baldy

Postby Baldy » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:26 pm

Remind me to bring a tow rope if we ever catch up for a ride :shock:

I think im too lazy for that stuff!!

cheers
Baldy

RobRollin

Postby RobRollin » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:49 am

I have been checking out the Sandford Points results and I am listed twice, once as Rolo Cumine (?) and Rob Cumine.

My accumulated points would have been 6 from the 8th August and 8 from 31st October. Giving me a total of 14 points. Which would put me into CLEAR second for points overall for the TT series. Not a shared victory! I’ve lodged a complaint with the STVCC this morning.

RobRollin

Postby RobRollin » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:00 am

A prompt reply from the STVCC
OK thanks Rob.

Will get it sorted. An obvious transcription error from the signon sheet.
STVCC are changing the results to reflect my second place overall. Second Overall is MINE!!! :evil: :D