Brisbane / Beenleigh to Gold Coast 2007 ( easy or hard?)

way2007bne

Brisbane / Beenleigh to Gold Coast 2007 ( easy or hard?)

Postby way2007bne » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:54 pm

Does anyone know how hard the Brisbane to Gold Coast ride is in a few months? I plan to ride in it.

I will now ride 3-4 times a week again to work about 8 kms each way in preparation.

In the past I have ridden for a solid 5 months. Though I have had 8 week break due to sickness +and the weather being too cold.

inaminit

Postby inaminit » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:43 pm

I've recently signed up for it. It'll be my first time doing it, but I've spoken to a few guys who have done the last 2 years.

They said the ride is as easy or hard as you want to make it. They are expecting about 5000 riders this year, so its a fair bet there will be a good mix of those wanting to break land speed records and those going for a leisurly sunday morning ride. They all agreed that no matter what it's a brilliant ride and a good fun day out!

On their website, they have stated that there is a 6 hour time cutoff which would be an average of about 17kph.

I'm only recently back on my bike after many years of pure laziness. I'm setting myself a rather ambitious target of 4 hours and have based my training on the preparation guide on their website. This week my target is 3 x 20 km + 1 x 50 km rides.

Anthony.

beauyboy

Postby beauyboy » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:23 am

I tend to agree, there is a 6 hour cut off so you must be able to average 17kmph. That reminds me I have to book myself in. If you are looking for somewhere to practice your riding speed try the Kedron Brook Bikeway. This bikeway is 30kms long and runs from Mitchelton to Shorncliffe. My other half and I will be using this bikeway to get ready for the Gold Coast ride. Getting there is easy just catch the train to either station and start riding.
Remember Bikes are allowed on all Citytrain services except services in the peak flow in peak hour. So inbound in weekday mornings 7-9am and Outbound on weekday afternoons 3.30 - 7.30 are a big No No.

Donald

Ps sorry for the late reply
BCC give us some more bikeways fore safe travel!!!!
Upgrade the NCL now QR!!!!!!
http://nakedcyclistbrissy.blogspot.com/
My views do not represent any organisation I may be apart of unless otherwise stated

MountGower

Postby MountGower » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:04 pm

Error. This post can no longer be displayed.
Last edited by MountGower on Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MountGower

Postby MountGower » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:23 pm

Error. This post can no longer be displayed.
Last edited by MountGower on Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

beauyboy

Postby beauyboy » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:01 pm

I would surgest going on the brisbane city council website www.brisbane.qld.gov.au and look for the bikeway maps. Best way to see where the map is.
That or you can go to www.bikeradar.com and look up kedron brook bikeway. I am sure I have mapped it on there.

Donald

PS I have Drawn a map onto bike radar. Best to view it under Hybrid map. The map shows most little turns and such. It is under "Kedron Brook Bikeway"
BCC give us some more bikeways fore safe travel!!!!
Upgrade the NCL now QR!!!!!!
http://nakedcyclistbrissy.blogspot.com/
My views do not represent any organisation I may be apart of unless otherwise stated

inaminit

Postby inaminit » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:54 pm

Beauyboy, that bikeradar site is pretty good. I've just started using Bikely, but this seems to have 4 or 5 times the routes on it.
Anthony
08 Avanti Quantum Team
LeMond Tourmalet
Giant Kronos
Trek 4300 MTB

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:12 pm

inaminit wrote:Beauyboy, that bikeradar site is pretty good. I've just started using Bikely, but this seems to have 4 or 5 times the routes on it.
Same thing. BikeRadar brought out Bikely.

Andrew