Century "The Ton" Social Ride Invite

RobRollin

Century "The Ton" Social Ride Invite

Postby RobRollin » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:21 pm

Century Ride “The Ton”

This is not a race!

The end of year social ride has come about.

After some planning it’s been decided to finish with a century ride, everyone should be able to ride it with reasonable fitness. The expected time will be around 4 hours.

Date: 19th December 2009

Meeting place : Cenotaph at 7:15 for a 7:30 start.

Distance: 100kms.

Route: Cenotaph – Bowen – Grass Tree Hill – Richmond (refuel stop) – Cambridge – Seven Mile – Acton – Lauderdale – South Arm Hwy – Howrah – Tasman and finish at Dome Cafe in Sandy Bay King Street

Weather: Becoming Fine, Min 11 Max 19.
Winds: Westerly easy in the morning, maximum 17km/h at 10am

What to Bring: Spare tube, puncture repair, kit, arm warmers (maybe), pump, two bidons, snacks (bananas, power gels, nuts, snakes, money, mobile)

Stay at Dome after the ride for a well earned beverage or coffee and something to eat. Partners welcome!

I hope to see everyone there from Tri South, Dome, and any other riding friends. Any inquiries email me at rcumine@bicycles.net.au or my mobile is 0415717836

Rob Cumine

Riding is in my BNA

Baldy

Re: Century "The Ton" Social Ride Invite

Postby Baldy » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:26 pm

Hmm very tempted, I havnt managed 100 yet. My longest was 84 I think, I reckon I could stretch that out a bit.

Got a few niggles with a knee and back so I'll see how I pull up on friday night before committing.

Couple of questions though....It would be my first bunch ride, Im worried I'll get in the way and wondering if I should start smaller and shorter?[be honest, I can take it :lol: ] The other question is could I meet you at risdon or something instead? I'd be riding from claremont so it would save me backtracking. By the time I rode back home from sandy bay I'd still have the ton well covered. Or I might just collapse in a heap outside Dome :oops:

Thanks for chucking the invite out there.

cheers
Baldy

RobRollin

Re: Century "The Ton" Social Ride Invite

Postby RobRollin » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:08 am

G'Day

Firstly I hope your niggles and aches clear up I know what they are like!!

It is a bunch ride but not a tight racing bunch and the best way to learn is in a social bunch ride, lots of chatter and laughs! You will be fine, there's other guys who can give you a few hints on what to do etc. You could meet us at Bowen, or Risdon why not :). Finish at Dome for a coffee, latter, or beer afterwards! If this weather gets better!

It's 6am I was up for a ride but it's pouring :(

Hope to see you there!

RC