Kwinana Freeway bike path

uMP2k

Kwinana Freeway bike path

Postby uMP2k » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:04 pm

Just wondering if any of the other SOR riders knows whether the new sections of the Kwinana Freeway bike path at the Leach Hwy and South Street train stations have been opened yet?

Double-Gee

Postby Double-Gee » Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:15 am

I was at Murdoch Station (South Street) today and did notice a barricade across the path that headed towards the station. I was briefly at Bullcreek Station (Leach H'way) as well, but didn't notice the path. I'll try and have a look tomorrow and report back if I get some answers.

Only a month now until the trains might run. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Road - '09 Cervelo S1 | '07 Vivente Lugano | Late 90's Giant Kronos, Dirt - '08 Orbea Sherpa

Double-Gee

Postby Double-Gee » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:06 am

I didn't get a good look at much of the bike path at Bullcreek Station (Leach H'way), but I did notice to the south of the station that there was a big pile of mulch in the middle of the path and it was being spread nearby. This looked like a section leading into the station, but I am not familiar with that area (yet) so am not real sure.

I'd take a guess at the bike paths being ready "soon", but can't tell you much more that that.

One of the transport alternatives being advertised for the impending rail shutdown is -
Dust off your bike and cycle to work. What a great way to get fit for summer!
Road - '09 Cervelo S1 | '07 Vivente Lugano | Late 90's Giant Kronos, Dirt - '08 Orbea Sherpa

Kalgrm
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Kalgrm » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:18 pm

I've been away for a couple of weeks and haven't ridden on the Kwinana in that time. However, before I left I was riding twice daily on the new path below the Leach Hwy (the Bull Creek Station section) and have been doing so for months. The only reason I could see for it not being open was that the Official Opening hasn't happened yet. Bloody bureaucrats .....

The link under South St hasn't been constructed yet. Bloody bureaucrats .... ;)

Cheers,
Graeme
Think outside the double triangle.
---------------------
Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it ....

weekendrider

Postby weekendrider » Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:56 pm

I went for a ride along the freeway path today and the South St freeway path is still not completed but the Leach Hwy freeway path is and wow what a difference it makes - no more crossing Leach Hwy, you beauty! :D

HappyHumber

Postby HappyHumber » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:23 am

Gah! I have been commuting this way for a few months - Nicholson Rd -> Roe H'way -> Kwin Freeway and then into Booragoon. Muggins me for obeying those barriers! I never get any prizes for doing the right thing. :?

I had seen some cyclists enter or exit the Leach H'way underpass - but I assumed for some stupid reason that there was another exit or entrance.... Only now do I realise how stupid that notion is.

Bring on the South St. one.

Kalgrm
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Kalgrm » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:46 pm

Well, whadda ya know? The Minister for Transport and Bad Hair cut the ribbon today! The path under Leach Hwy is finally Officially Open.

Cheers,
Graeme

(.... bloody bureaucrats ....)
Think outside the double triangle.
---------------------
Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it ....

moosterbounce

Postby moosterbounce » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:05 pm

Saw that - she looked a bit wobbley on the bike when she had a quick ride (might explain why many paths aren't better quality - our pollies don't ride!!).

That helmet didn't mess her hair up though :lol:

John Lewis

Postby John Lewis » Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:02 pm

[quote="moosterbounce"]Saw that - she looked a bit wobbley on the bike when she had a quick ride (might explain why many paths aren't better quality - our pollies don't ride!!).

Actually I understand she is a rider. Must have been something else responsible for the wobbles I guess. :lol:

John L

jet-ski

mctiernan a rider!

Postby jet-ski » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:25 pm

I guess she would have had to ride at some stage, since she did lose her license for drunk driving!

HappyHumber

Postby HappyHumber » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:59 pm

Been riding it myself a few weeks now. Adds a coupla extra little ascents to negotiate on my commute

Got to love those undulating rises & descents at speed on a fixed gear!
--
Hit me up via the BNA dm; I'll get an alert. If y'know, you know.