How good is it ??

DaNmAn

How good is it ??

Postby DaNmAn » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:30 am

A few weeks back, I went for a lap of LBG to see that sections, and the majority from Scrivner to Yarralumla has been resealed.

Further to that, imagine my delight on returning to work after 2 months (Firstborn arriving with many complications) to see that the rootbound section of path from Wattle street to Macarthur avenue in Lyneham has been resealed.

Good to see - makes the ride a little easier when you dont have to hover for long stretches to stop turning your bike into a blunt force piledriver/chafemaster.

Fletcher

Re: How good is it ??

Postby Fletcher » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:02 pm

DaNmAn wrote:A few weeks back, I went for a lap of LBG to see that sections, and the majority from Scrivner to Yarralumla has been resealed.

Further to that, imagine my delight on returning to work after 2 months (Firstborn arriving with many complications) to see that the rootbound section of path from Wattle street to Macarthur avenue in Lyneham has been resealed.

Good to see - makes the ride a little easier when you dont have to hover for long stretches to stop turning your bike into a blunt force piledriver/chafemaster.
A lot of the paths I use on my commute have been resealed too, and it's awesome :D :D

I"m familiar with the Lyneham paths, and yep, know exactly what you mean - I'm thankful for every one of the 64 spokes on my wheels

Oh, and super congrats on your firstborn.

spunkyryan

Postby spunkyryan » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:47 pm

Most of the shared path between Lyons/Woden and Yarralumla (via Curtin) has been resealed as well, and what's better - with hotmix which makes cruising along at 30kmh a pleasure and the ride to the Yarralumla Gallery that much better.
N+1 - 2019 Colnago C64, Dura-Ace Di2, DT Swiss PRC 1100 Dicut Mon Chasseral

Ross

Postby Ross » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:05 pm

The on-road bike lane(s) both ways on Cotter Rd from Streeton Dr to Uriarra Rd have been resealed with the same smooth hotmix instead of the lose gravel. The workman were there doing it on Sunday. A few of us rode past and gave them the thumbs up!

DaNmAn

Postby DaNmAn » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:19 pm

hopefully this means that they will soon have clear egress through the wetlands end of the lake from Kingo - but yeah the hotmix is super smooth and makes 30km/h on otherwise rootbound pathes a dream

Pete_C

Postby Pete_C » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:12 pm

A fair few path's here in belco have been resealed as well, especially around the lake.

For the life of me I don't understand why they laid the stony crap along Cotter Rd in the first place, very happy that they have replaced it.

HAKS

Postby HAKS » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:06 am

Bike path from Woden to Tuggers along Athlon drive was getting done today (the section near Mawson shops). Noticed the section from Woden to LBG on my first ride in about a month last weekend and of course the sections around the Lake. Its also great the shared path works are all complete around Central Basin LBG. The path is nice and wide so plenty of room for cyclists and walkers and now don't have to ride over the gravel in front of Anzac parade. If only they would hurry up with the works at the SW end of Commonwealth Ave Bridge. Seems like they have been doing that for months

Great to hear the Cotter road has also been done to SFP. The ride out to Cotter is also great now as last time i rode it they had nerly resealed it all and was smooth as silk :lol:

Big ups to the ACT Gov for the action :)
Current Ride: Trek Madone 6.5 (2013)

Fletcher

Postby Fletcher » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:01 am

Yes the hotmix is really nice to ride on. The paths in Lyneham have even been flattened a bit. I mean the bits of path which are layed over tree roots which previously made the paths so bumpy have been somewhat levelled . It's good work. My only complaint is the lack of traffic cones and temporary fencing to keep bikes off the paths while the hot mix hardens - there are still quite a lot of tyre tracks visible, where someone has ridden straight through while it's still wet.

HAKS

Postby HAKS » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:18 am

They bike path they were doing in Woden yesterday had cones & a man at each end making sure no one rode over it. Well at least when i went past (AT) 10am that was the case. Could have been a different story in the PM peak hour once the workmen had knocked off.

HAKS

Postby HAKS » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:16 pm

Headed out for a late ride today (still on holidays :P ) to find them resealing the path near my house (Kambah village along Drakeford drive). They had also resealed the section from Hindmarsh Drive in Woden to Sulwood Drive in Kambah yesterday sometime as it hadn't been done when I rode it in the morning.

So about 90% of my route to LBG from Kambah now is on resealed paths :lol:. Such an improvement....... zoom zoom

seddo

Postby seddo » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:15 pm

They were re-sealing the path that leads to Calwell today - great to see - congrats to all involved

HAKS

Postby HAKS » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:41 pm

Rode part of the Lake Ginninderra Bike path yesterday...........oh my that is in desperate need of a reseal!