EMERGENCY!!! TDU entry needed

shiv

EMERGENCY!!! TDU entry needed

Postby shiv » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:22 am

As stated above, Im chasing an ememrgency late entry to the MCCT.

Due to having our lease finishing on Jan 20 & take over of our new Subway store due on Jan 20 also I doubted I would get the time to ride it, but as luck would have it we found a house earlier (am moving now) and the take over of the shop has been pushed back a week.

Im just wondering, or hoping and praying, that someone may have or know of 1 or maybe 2 tickets to do the ride that I can buy. Large jerseys preferred but I'll take any size I can get just to join in. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

alex

Re: EMERGENCY!!! TDU entry needed

Postby alex » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:26 pm

they are all open public roads so you can just go and join the ride in your standard apparel if you cant get a jersey
if i get killed while out on my bike i dont want a 'memorial ride' by random punters i have never met.

Dahondude

Postby Dahondude » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:21 pm

yes, nothing to stop your riding the route without actually paying, although probably officially frowned upon by the TDU organisers. You just don't get the jersey or access to food at Strathalbyn or Goolwa. I bet there will be a lot of ring-ins like this. Last year we saw quite a few people riding in non-MCCT jerseys, though this may have been more down to the fact that many people couldn't physically fit into their jerseys!
Schwinn Madison single speed
Trek 1500
Centurion Equaliser
Avanti MTB converted to single speed

shiv

Postby shiv » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:08 am

Yeah I'll be riding it regardless of whether its official or not, just kinda prefer to do it the right way if i can. Plenty of towns to stop at for food if i cant get in

candy08

Postby candy08 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:19 pm

Hi mate i could possibly have one for you. Ive just received a new teaching contract and of course the induction is on friday. Im trying to get out of it naturally and will know on Tuesday if i will be riding or not.

My Jersey is 2xl ( appar thats equivalent to a l with a non tdu jersey)

I will let you know tues

Dave

shiv

Postby shiv » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:20 pm

Thanks dave, look forward to hearing from you tuesday

candy08

Postby candy08 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:17 pm

Hi Shiv

I got word today and im not able to ride :( . If you still want the ticket its yours .

sent you a pm with details

U2adam!!!

Postby U2adam!!! » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:13 pm

candy08 wrote:Hi mate i could possibly have one for you. Ive just received a new teaching contract and of course the induction is on friday. Im trying to get out of it naturally and will know on Tuesday if i will be riding or not.

My Jersey is 2xl ( appar thats equivalent to a l with a non tdu jersey)

I will let you know tues

Dave

Hey Dave,

Congrats on the teaching job. You in the city or country? I'm sure your new principal will be sympathic to 'the cause' and hopefully let you ride. Mine did but then I did ask her 6 months ago...

Tim

haggis11

Postby haggis11 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:36 pm

I am also up for swapping with someone who cant make it,, as I can now get work off, let me know if possible

candy08

Postby candy08 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:21 pm

Hi Adam

Im at swallowcliffe in daveron pk. Its on the Peachy belt ............Nope principle not as sympathetic as yours...

where are you at?