Training a Powertap?

RobRollin

Training a Powertap?

Postby RobRollin » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:31 pm

Ok so now I have a Powertap Pro +. What good sites are there for info on what I should be looking at, aiming for etc? Whats the best software to use? What about the software which came with it?

I will use the Edge 705 with it most likely. And I am using Sportstracks with the Edge.

I'm specifically training for TT atm as it is the TT season. Later in a few months I will concentrate on road racing. Tomorrow I get the whells on the bike.

Thanks!

snedden9485

Re: Training a Powertap?

Postby snedden9485 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:53 pm

Where did you end up purchasing and how much if you dont mind. Did you buy the hub and computer pack?
Chris
2011 Giant TCR Advanced SL
2011 Malvern Star Oppy TT9 Time Trial
2011 Giant Omnium Track
2012 Giant XTC Composite 29

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:01 pm

Training and Racing with a Power Meter - by Andrew Coogan is the best book to begin with.
WKO+ is the best software...I have Golden Cheetah and Poweragent as well,but they are not as good..especially over a period of time.

twizzle

Postby twizzle » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:38 pm

Personally, I find WKO+ too clunky... but at least it's an 'all in one' package. I prefer GoldenCheetah for the basic analysis and SportsTracks "Training Load" plugin for capturing the "performance manager" view of training. You simply add a note of "TRIMP=nnn" where nnn is the TSS score.
I ride, therefore I am. But don't ride into harm's way.
...real cyclists don't have squeaky chains...