Table of Local Hill Gradients

Table of Local Hill Gradients

Postby Ross » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:22 am

Found this on another forum and thought you guys might find it interesting.

http://thecycleway.com/?p=139
Ross

by BNA » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:20 pm

BNA

Re: Table of Local Hill Gradients

Postby nescius » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:20 pm

Cool, there are a couple in there that I haven't done yet, thanks for the link!

My favourite climb is Black Mountain, maybe because it is the one I have done the most, from home to the top and back takes less than an hour so it's a nice one to do before work. Usually getting to the top is no trouble... getting there quickly on the other hand is not so easy :mrgreen:
Giant Trance | Giant Reign 3 | Trek 8000 | Trek Madone 4.5 | Look 695 SR ipack | Fuji Track 1.1
nescius

Postby bpmhigh » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:13 pm

Yes - an excellent resource.

Although I live at the base of Red hill and typically do a few repeats on the way home, my personal favourite is Stromlo. A longer duration than most of the others and the smaller grade allows you the flexibility of spinning a small gear or pushing a bigger gear depening on how you're feeling.

Extremely popular with other roadies and MTB'ers too so it's not unusual to get into a bit of a battle with someone else.
bpmhigh

Postby HAKS » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:14 pm

bpmhigh wrote:Yes - an excellent resource.

Although I live at the base of Red hill and typically do a few repeats on the way home, my personal favourite is Stromlo. A longer duration than most of the others and the smaller grade allows you the flexibility of spinning a small gear or pushing a bigger gear depening on how you're feeling.

Extremely popular with other roadies and MTB'ers too so it's not unusual to get into a bit of a battle with someone else.

+1. Love getting to Stromlo and seeing someone a few hundred metres up the road or half way up and you can see someone around the next corner that you try chase down :lol:
Current Ride: Trek Madone 6.5 (2013)
HAKS

Postby mrgolf » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:50 pm

I dig Mt Majura, apart from the gate... I am surprised Black Mt is rated higher than Mt Ainslie. I dont think I have ever really enjoyed Mt Ainslie, and I am more than happy climbing. Fitz was a doddle, made fun only by overtaking all those massive legged TT guys who would own me on the flat... :lol:

One of my fave rides is 5 peaks, preceded by Majura. Mt Pleasant shouldnt be referred to as a peak, though.

Good info, thanks.
mrgolf

Postby yehuwdiy » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:28 pm

Heh, going from Gininderra Dr over the hill through Spence and down to Kuringa Dr is a fair slog for my pathetic legs.

Total climb: 123m Total descent: 60m - according to Bikely.

This is part of my Moday commute!
yehuwdiy

Return to ACT