OT: Stockyard Gully National Park

Aushiker

OT: Stockyard Gully National Park

Postby Aushiker » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:45 am

G'day

This is not cycling related, but I thought some members might enjoy the photos anyway, and you could possibly ride a Surly Puglsey into the area on a tour. I did see a tourer on the way back to Perth BTW :).

Anyway I recently led a weekend backpack into Stockyard Gully National Park for the Perth Bushwalkers Club. We camped overnight at Lake Indoon (even has hot showers at the campsite!) before following 4WD tracks into Stockyard Gully National Park where we enjoyed an afternoon of cave exploring.

One of the group members, Andrew, has put photos up on his website. To see the photos just click here.

Regards
Andrew

moosterbounce

Postby moosterbounce » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:33 pm

We've done some 4wding here - is the sign still there that says if you get bogged (very sandy going in) that the tow out fee is something like $1000? There is one farm at the entrance and they must get hammered by the offroad hoons (as opposed to us who are just looking for somewhere a new - not to cut up in).

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:20 pm

moosterbounce wrote:We've done some 4wding here - is the sign still there that says if you get bogged (very sandy going in) that the tow out fee is something like $1000?
Hi Moo

Didn't see any signs but we walked in and out via little used tracks (well one of them anyway) to the north of the gully. I assume the sign etc is too the south?

Regards
Andrew

moosterbounce

Postby moosterbounce » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:56 pm

Hmmm...I'm intrigued now. I don't know which way we got there - we were playing "where does this road go" and came across signs. Think we were staying in Greenhead at the time, so may have been from the south.

Makes me want to dust off the snatch strap and head off again!! Damn this whole work thing :cry: