Velokraft VK2 on OZHPV

Low Racer

Velokraft VK2 on OZHPV

Postby Low Racer » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:05 pm

Velokraft lowracer

FSA Carbon Triple chainrings 53x 42x30, XTR Cassette 11-32 range
KMC chain and have a length of 14” spares to use
Velocity rims, Schwalbe tires (will supply a brand new set to the buyer)
Composite Carbon tailbox, Sigma bike computer
Bent has been serviced by Abbotsford Cycles and will be serviced before sale will replace Front disc and rear Pads
Will throw in Radical side bags and an unused lowracer pair as I tend to switch between the tailbox and the side bags
I am 176cm tall so the boom is adjustable for taller riders. Selling due to medical condition.

$2500 ONO, will deliver to VIC, NSW or ACT purchaser.
Contact Ray Lelkes by email or on 0434104551
Added Jan 2010
This is not mine. Thought I will post it here as the price is really good for a VK2. If I haven't got a good bike already, I would have jumped on this.

Poiter

Re: Velokraft VK2 on OZHPV

Postby Poiter » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:30 am

You snooze - you lose.

We have a really good turnover of bents for sale on the OzHPV list.
One of the benefits of membership http://www.ozhpv.org.au/membership/membership.html
Non members are welcome to advertise for the donation of $25 after you sell.

There is a nice Baccheta on there at the moment.
http://www.ozhpv.org.au/forsale/forsale.html

Low Racer

Postby Low Racer » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:04 pm

Whoever got the VK2 is really lucky to get it at that price (provided it's in good shape).

bentcentric

Postby bentcentric » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:42 pm

I'ts me !! I'm the lucky one. :D I was in the process of importing a frameset from kamil when this one came a long.
There are two small issues though, the boom has been overtightened at some stage, cracking the carbon where the allen bolts run through. Has been fixed by a resin plate that the bolts now run through. The other issue (prob manufacturing defect) is the front fork dropouts are misaligned so the front wheel sits on an andle. Have been for a couple rides though and its, err other than the sore neck, Sensational!! This bent can climb..A bike i have dreamed about for so long is now in my bedroom.
Have some plans for it, new shifters, brake levers, dropped chainline, possible change of fork for caliper brake as opposed to disk brake and some lighter wheels.

Chris :lol:

Low Racer

Postby Low Racer » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:52 pm

bentcentric wrote:I'ts me !! I'm the lucky one. :D I was in the process of importing a frameset from kamil when this one came a long.
There are two small issues though, the boom has been overtightened at some stage, cracking the carbon where the allen bolts run through. Has been fixed by a resin plate that the bolts now run through. The other issue (prob manufacturing defect) is the front fork dropouts are misaligned so the front wheel sits on an andle. Have been for a couple rides though and its, err other than the sore neck, Sensational!! This bent can climb..A bike i have dreamed about for so long is now in my bedroom.
Have some plans for it, new shifters, brake levers, dropped chainline, possible change of fork for caliper brake as opposed to disk brake and some lighter wheels.

Chris :lol:
Hi Chris,
Welcome to the forum.

Yes, you are indeed very fortunate to find a rare recumbent (in OZ anyway) at such great price. Is this your first recumbent?

I have done my fair share of cracking carbon by turning the screw half a turn too much (cracked the derailleur post). It can be easily done. When my boom on my M5 CHR was creaking, I was fortunate that I didn't crack that too. I sought some advise on BROL and solved it by coating the boom with several layers of spray adhesive.

One of Velokraft fork is offset and require relacing of wheel. Pete maybe able to chime in.

Poiter

Postby Poiter » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:21 pm

Yep VeloKraft Vk2 fork is offset to left for chain clearance.
No pussy, over the top idlers for these Polish recumbent builders.
A greasy calf is "coolski".

I aksherley have a "spare" VK2 caliper fork in storage (don't ask).

bentcentric

Postby bentcentric » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:02 pm

She,s slowly getting back on the road. Have replaced shifters and rear deraileur to Shimano SLX (great bang for buck) and have done a few short rides. I am surprised that i do not seem to be in need of lower gearing than on my DF which was the case with the homebuilt, hills are just as easy as the DF, so may change the front triple to a compact . Have dropped the chain and removed a few links making it more efficient. Now on the look out for some fancy wheels (deep profile carbon) easy to find for the rear but seem to be limited on the front. I only know of Aerospoke, of which the reviews claim they are very heavy. Front fork is another thing i am looking to change as i beleive there is a large weight penanlty with a disk and rotor. Like the look of the disc but the simplicity of the caliper brake.Hoping to save at least 500g on the front end by changing the front wheel, fork, brake and crank. Any views on the fanciest lightest front wheel option.

Chris :D

Poiter

Postby Poiter » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:14 pm

bentcentric wrote: Any views on the fanciest lightest front wheel option.

Chris :D
Light Strong Cheap - pick two.
I just run a Velocity Thracian 20 paired spoke wheel which uses a Fusion rim.
They come in a 16 hole too but that's a bit light for me.
Look at some of the M5 Carbon rims if you want to go that way.
Portland Paul likes his aero HED front wheel.