STOLEN: PINARELLO FP2 (ST KILDA RD Melbourne)

Forum rules
Before posting, please read the guidelines first.
cthomaz

STOLEN: PINARELLO FP2 (ST KILDA RD Melbourne)

Postby cthomaz » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:57 pm

My Pinarello FP2 has been stolen last Thursday or Friday (Nov 26th or 27th).
Apparently thieves got inside the building, unlock the Bike Room and stolen 3 or four high end bikes.
My bike was hooked up and properly locked.

It's a Pinarello FP2, Campagnolo Veloce Group and accessories. Has a small scratches on the right shifter as well on the sadle.

I'm very upset and don't believe I'll get my bike back, but I would suggest to everybody living in the area (St Kilda, Albert Park, southbank) and that have to leave the bike on building bike rooms to stay aware that thieves are all around. I wouldn't be surprised if more bikes still getting stolen.

dmalcantara

Re: STOLEN: PINARELLO FP2 (ST KILDA RD Melbourne)

Postby dmalcantara » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:13 pm

Hi mate,
Which building do you live in? I'm at 594 St Kilda Rd, and noticed that my bike was stolen as well.
Cheers,

silkishuge

Postby silkishuge » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:02 am

Sorry to hear about the thefts. Alot of reports on bike thiefs lately. I think stolen bikes are stripped and sold, typically on Ebay or similar. Hope you have insurance. I reckon home and contents should cover you. Hope you find something to replace them soon.

J

cthomaz

Postby cthomaz » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:38 am

Hi dmalcantara,

sorry for the late response, but I've got so depressed that took me a while to start reading the forum again.
Yes, I live at 594. I presume your bikes are one of the few stolen last november in the bike room.
Even worse is the response given by the Corporate Building.

Unfortunately my insurance does not cover thefts.

Cheers!
cthomaz

observer

Postby observer » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:03 am

Hi. I know this thread is years old now, but if you're like me, you don't get over a stolen bike.
can I ask, what color was the pinerello, and what was the reply from the body corporate. I'm actually trying to piece together some info about a bike of mine that was stolen, and to see if there are patterns in these thefts.