Fairy tales do come true...

CoffsGal

Re: Fairy tales do come true...

Postby CoffsGal » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:12 pm

cavebear2 wrote:
CoffsGal wrote:'snip' Now fully under the control of the Princess's spell, the ENDM apologised for getting in the way of such a wondrous and magical being. The Princess, being benevolent and compassionate, as well as clever and gorgeous, (and modest), accepted the ENDM's apology while also providing some spiritual guidance on the respecting of cyclists.
'snip'
So... maybe you've got a job for life now to go around converting the lost souls of ENDMs.... or you could be the pin up princess for cycling advocacy, casting spells at ENDMs, taxi drivers, bus drivers, yobs, hoons and road ragers. :wink:
Princess Lycra's magic would indeed need to be 'all powerful' to overcome the evilness of the group you mention...

il padrone

Postby il padrone » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:45 pm

Good Princess, doest thou hold such mystical powers of counsel and peace that one could apply said powers to yon evil birds in the black and the white that lurk in the far regions of the harbour and the path of ye bicycles? For ne'er hast one met such winged terror as doest lurk in the distant harbour of Coffs, not at all for a full twelve years :evil: .
Mandatory helmet law?
"An unjustified and unethical imposition on a healthy activity."

twizzle

Postby twizzle » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:07 pm

I wonder how much success there would have been if "Princess Lycra" had been "Prince Lycra"?

The average yob seems far more forgiving of chicks in lycra than guys in lycra.
I ride, therefore I am. But don't ride into harm's way.
...real cyclists don't have squeaky chains...

CoffsGal

Postby CoffsGal » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:17 pm

twizzle wrote:I wonder how much success there would have been if "Princess Lycra" had been "Prince Lycra"?

Ross also wondered that exact same thing on the previous page, but I do feel the ENDM's appology was sincere and not influenced by gender.

Maybe the fact that I was open to the meeting going either way, confrontation or concilliation, also allowed for a positive outcome.

CoffsGal

Postby CoffsGal » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:39 pm

il padrone wrote:Good Princess, doest thou hold such mystical powers of counsel and peace that one could apply said powers to yon evil birds in the black and the white that lurk in the far regions of the harbour and the path of ye bicycles? For ne'er hast one met such winged terror as doest lurk in the distant harbour of Coffs, not at all for a full twelve years :evil: .
As one might imagine from a being so blessed with special powers, Princess Lycra is a friend to all creatures great and small. And it is true that the black and white guardians of the air space around our fine harbour, do at times make a visitation upon the Princess, but it is with little malice or aggravation that they do so. The Princess suspects thay are merely forming a guard of honour for her, as she makes her way through their enchanted forest.

The goodness and light that surrounds the Princess is indeed a powerful force.

May you enjoy peace and tranquility thoughout our fine northern land if you once again travel to our shores.

Princess Lycra

Sweeper59

Postby Sweeper59 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:52 pm

Princess Lycra,
Now that your work on transforming the newspaper ogre to human is complete, couldst thou travel from yon beautiful Coffs to the (even more wonderful) realm of Port Macquarie and workth your magic charm on f****n plovers??
Giant TCR 0
Nobody looks back on their life....and remembers the nights they got plenty of sleep !!

twizzle

Postby twizzle » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:14 pm

CoffsGal wrote:
twizzle wrote:I wonder how much success there would have been if "Princess Lycra" had been "Prince Lycra"?

Ross also wondered that exact same thing on the previous page, but I do feel the ENDM's appology was sincere and not influenced by gender.

Maybe the fact that I was open to the meeting going either way, confrontation or concilliation, also allowed for a positive outcome.
:oops: I blame old age...

CoffsGal

Postby CoffsGal » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:40 pm

twizzle wrote:
CoffsGal wrote:

:oops: I blame old age...
And the Villagers asked the Good Princess Lycra to speak to them of 'old age'...and the Princess spoke unto them...

Let not one's age determine how one will think or act, and let not one's acts or thoughts determine one's age...for you are as young as you want to be, and as old as you think you are...

And the villagers thought upon the Princess's words and nodded and were pleased...

And as Princess Lycra pedalled on her way, she was pleased that the 555km she rode last week was making her quads pretty damn hot, even for an ageless princess...

drubie

Postby drubie » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:00 pm

In this village, do all the villagers say goodbye by saying "be seeing you" with a weird eye hand movement, and your movements are restricted by a malicious white weather balloon?

I am not a number, I am a free princess!

(sorry, I watch too much downloaded TV)
So we get the leaders we deserve and we elect, we get the companies and the products that we ask for, right? And we have to ask for different things. – Paul Gilding
but really, that's rubbish. We get none of it because the choices are illusory.

Sweeper59

Postby Sweeper59 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:18 pm

drubie wrote:In this village, do all the villagers say goodbye by saying "be seeing you" with a weird eye hand movement, and your movements are restricted by a malicious white weather balloon?

I am not a number, I am a free princess!

(sorry, I watch too much downloaded TV)
Drubie,

Has anyone ever mentioned that your 'avatar' doesn't look unlike Tony Abbott ?
Giant TCR 0
Nobody looks back on their life....and remembers the nights they got plenty of sleep !!

drubie

Postby drubie » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:36 pm

Sweeper59 wrote:
Drubie,

Heh, now that you mention it...

However, it's a 'shop of the crazy BNA guys helmet that used to appear on the right hand side of the side, stuck on one of these twins:

Then a bit of MS-PAINT for the chin strap. The overall effect is quite fetching I thought. Then again, it looks a bit like me (enough for the kids to laugh about it).
So we get the leaders we deserve and we elect, we get the companies and the products that we ask for, right? And we have to ask for different things. – Paul Gilding

twizzle

Postby twizzle » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:45 pm

CoffsGal wrote:
And the Villagers asked the Good Princess Lycra to speak to them of 'old age'...and the Princess spoke unto them...

Let not one's age determine how one will think or act, and let not one's acts or thoughts determine one's age...for you are as young as you want to be, and as old as you think you are...

And the villagers thought upon the Princess's words and nodded and were pleased...

And as Princess Lycra pedalled on her way, she was pleased that the 555km she rode last week was making her quads pretty damn hot, even for an ageless princess...

First off, 555km isn't too much for a 21 year old ;)

Secondly.... boy, that's a lot of k's in a week!

Sweeper59

Postby Sweeper59 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:23 pm

drubie wrote:
Sweeper59 wrote:
Drubie,

Heh, now that you mention it...

However, it's a 'shop of the crazy BNA guys helmet that used to appear on the right hand side of the side, stuck on one of these twins:

Then a bit of MS-PAINT for the chin strap. The overall effect is quite fetching I thought. Then again, it looks a bit like me (enough for the kids to laugh about it).
Are the twins from the New England ? They've got that 'rural' look to them.
Giant TCR 0

drubie

Postby drubie » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:41 pm

Sweeper59 wrote: Are the twins from the New England ? They've got that 'rural' look to them.
Heh, no, from somewhere in the US I think.

The photo features prominently on the fence at the local building recyclers - I ride past it every day and it still makes me LOL.

Not all of us living in rural villages are that rural looking :P

(back on topic)

One good thing about Armidale is that there's far less in the way of suburban deliveries as in the magical village of Coffs Harbour - which increasingly resembles Sydney when we visit there. Magical princesses do need to be very careful of dense urban areas. Us dense country types ride with few of those issues.

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:07 pm

The newspaper delivery guy must of been a taxi driver in his past life. What will his future life be?
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

misterpms

Postby misterpms » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:18 pm

mikesbytes wrote:The newspaper delivery guy must of been a taxi driver in his past life. What will his future life be?
Tradie ? :wink:
2009 Trek 2.3
2008 Avanti Blade 8

hiflange

Postby hiflange » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:49 am

drubie's twins are from South Africa, photographed by a prince (of photography) going by the name of Roger Ballen
Ballen's dealer would likely be interested in the unauthorised use by the New England building recycler (and sorry to say :-) by drubie)

V17L

Postby V17L » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:18 pm

reading some old posts and really enjoyed this thread starting with Coffsgal's first post.
Giant Defy 1