Popular Bike Shops
Join the Cycling Forums on Strava
Australian Cycling Forums on Strava
Latest Reviews and Articles
Will your next bike be Intelligent? ABS and Smart Bike Tech
Vitus Vitesse EVO Disc Review – Speed Machine indeed!
- foo on patrol
- Posts: 6289
- Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:12 am
- Location: Sanstone Point QLD
Lark2004 wrote:foo on patrol wrote:Ring spanner
15mm Ring Spanner... You need to be specific foo
Sorry, he didn't specify how old they were.
- Posts: 236
- Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:17 am
- Location: Perth
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:43 pm
A flat spanner (also called open ended spanner) has a U shaped end with opposing flat sides.
A combination spanner has a ring at one end and an open end at the other (both of same size).
- Posts: 3696
- Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:33 pm
- Location: Perth DubyaEh.
madrapper wrote:Is it still a ring spanner if its got a socket like thing on the end of it? I think they are like this so u don't damage the dropout which is recessed on most track bikes I've seen.
Spot-on, you got it.
- Posts: 1455
- Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:02 pm
- Location: Lawnton, 25k north of Brisbane
- Posts: 15451
- Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:49 pm
- Location: Somewhere with padded walls and really big hills!
"Mate,can I borrow a tool to take my wheel out"
"No,go buy your own"
- General Australian Cycling Topics
- Info / announcements
- Buying a bike / parts
- General Cycling Discussion
- The Bike Shed
- Cycling Health
- Cycling Safety and Advocacy
- Women's Cycling
- Bike & Gear Reviews
- Cycling Trade
- Stolen Bikes
- Bicycle FAQs
- Serious Biking
- Audax / Randonneuring
- Retro biking
- Fixed Gear/ Single Speed
- Electric Bicycles
- Dragsters / Lowriders / Cruisers
- Children's Bikes
- Road Racing
- Road Biking
- Time Trial
- International and National Tours and Events
- Cycle Touring
- Touring Australia
- Touring Overseas
- Touring Bikes and Equipment
- Western Australia
- New South Wales
- South Australia
- Northern Territory
- Country & Regional
- The Market Place
- Member to Member Bike and Gear Sales
- Want to Buy, Group Buy, Swap
- My Bikes or Gear Elsewhere
- Cycling Brands
- Malvern Star
- Custom Builders
- Generic Carbon
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users
About the Australian Cycling Forums
The largest cycling discussion forum in Australia for all things bike; from new riders to seasoned bike nuts, the Australian Cycling Forums are a welcoming community where you can ask questions and talk about the type of bikes and cycling topics you like.